Stuck on Initializing VFS

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

You need to clear your cache manually.

(XP) - C: - Documents and Settings - (USER NAME) - AppData - SecondLife
(Vista) - C: - Users - (USER NAME) - AppData - Local - SecondLife
(Win 7) - C: - Users - (USER NAME) - AppData - Roaming - SecondLife

Delete the contents of the folder and restart.

NOTE: You may need to go to Windows Tools > Folder Options > View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders, in order to see AppData folder.

• Like 4

Maybe you could try manualy clearing cache,

Move the folder C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife to your desktop, Restart your PC and try loading SL again

The reason I sugest move and not delete is so you have a copy of any logs if you like to keep them , the folder will recreate itself when you start your viewer up again

• Like 4

Do you have an alt you can test with?....It would rule out whether or not it was a problem with your main account or with your connection....I assume both computers are on the same connection / router.

If the same thing happens to your alt, check your connection & restart your router (leaving it switched off for a least a minute)

I have the exact same problem.

I have been using the previous version yesterday, got the popup message saying the new version is downoladed and will install at next startup of SL, then I logged out the usual way.

Today I've started up SL, and getting stucked at "Initializing VFS"

I tried clearing the chace, uninstalling SL, manually removing every single file even remotely connected to SL, rebooted my PC, reinstalled SL and it still gets stucked at the same point.

I have tried Phoeinx viewer, it starts up without a problem, it connects to SL also without a problem, so the issue is related only to the viewer 2 series (yes I've tried reinstalling the previous version of viewer 2 series too, same effect)

Any more hints on the matter?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.