Are you in a relationship on Second Life and thinking of meeting in the real world??

l0nd0ngirl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If so I'd love to hear from you.

I'm working on a documentary in the UK about virtual relationships and want to explore what happens when these relationships move into the real world. I would really like to speak to couples who are in adult relationships within Second Life who are thinking about meeting in real life.

It would also be amazing to get in touch with couples who met on Second Life who are now together in the real world. 

By responding you wouldn't be under any obligation to appear in the programme, it would just be to chat more about your story and allow me to speak about the documentary in more detail.

Please feel free to send me a private message.

Thanks,

Hannah

Only a very small percentage of SL residents read these forums and an even smaller percentage post or respond to a post.  You would be better off going in world and speaking with people there and doing some research on SL and SL relationships.  You should also note that most people in SL value their privacy highly and you need to be sensitive about this.

You could hold a series of events where you explain what you are doing and what you are looking for and answer questions.  Post each event in Event Search to get people to come to it.  You are more likely to get a broader range of people this way.

Lastly, I hope you are not seeking catfish or have preconceived negative notions about SL.  Keep an open mind.   There is a lot more to SL than relationships, much of it positive.  Of course that doesn't sell so mostly negative things are published which makes residents very wary about participating in things like this.

HughJegow wrote:

Gee, I married someone I met on SL, and I'd have loved to help you but I murdered her yesterday
and have to cram her body in a suitcase and throw it in the Thames.

You really should consider outsourcing a project like this^^.   Just sayin. 

DejaHo wrote:

HughJegow wrote:

Gee, I married someone I met on SL, and I'd have loved to help you but I murdered her yesterday
and have to cram her body in a suitcase and throw it in the Thames.

You really should consider outsourcing a project like this^^.   Just sayin. 

I got three quotes for the job, but they all wanted the book and movie rights too, so no go.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.