Looking for Centaurs

Boo Jacobus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3919 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey People! I've always enjoyed reading the forums for sheer entertainment. Although the forums is harder to read these days. But, now I need some information. I've got a little bet/competition going with a friend. He's gonna find me some cool Mermaids to see and I gotta find him some Centaurs. Is there a fantasy zoo anywhere in SL? Or a menagerie? Anybody know of places where to go to find Centaurs? The "search" in world didn't provide anything useful. I'm not a member of the roleplay groups, so I'm not sure I'd be welcome there. So I'm hoping you all can help. Thanks in advance.

I know you can buy centaur avatars from "Hoof It", and probably other places too.  But I don't know where you could go see one.

I once had some friends among the furries that were chakats.  The avatar skeleton has to be severely warped to mimic a quadruped out of a bipedal frame so there is a very limited amount of movements one can do.  This is one of the reasons things like centaurs are not as common as one would first expect.

• 3 weeks later...

I had to reply to this!  Having recently purchased my first "real" horse in SL, i was trotting blithely along the trail the other day,  minding my own business, when quite literally i bumped into my first centaur. 

For a few perplexing seconds my brain struggled with the apparent anomaly, trying to resolve what it saw into a 'person riding horse' configuration.  

I'm happy to say we got there in the end.   :smileywink:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Leigh Eel wrote:

Youch!. Reaction!

What's the big deal about responding to an old post?

Question asked, question responded.  NBD.

you must have the worlds slowest internet... you just responded to a post to you from 5 months ago..  Its called relevancy. If they haven't found what they needed, right then and there, in TWO fricking years i doubt they still need it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3919 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.