Problems with new update

edenwillow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3170 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi

Can anyone help please...I have updated firestorm to the new update which came out yesterday and now i can't even get the brower to open...keep getting to initializing VFS and then it crashes and sends an error report :(

I have gone back to a previous download and that works but when i update it again I have the same problem.

I have done a clean install repaired it but still nothing :(

Any ideas anyone please!

4 answers to this question

.. remove the user files manually and do a clean install, sometimes a automatic clean install is not removing all old user files.

( windows :users/yourname/ app data/ roaming/firestorm)

if that still gives problems .. keep using the older release and post at the firestorm group inworld or web, there will be a lot more knowledge about that than here.

• Like 4

Firestorm "Locks Up" on "Initializing VFS"

If this occurs, chance are good that the inventory cache is corrupt. Deleting it should solve the problem.

• Locate your cache folder. You will probably need to do this manually, if you are unable to log in. Use a file manager (like Windows Explorer for Windows system, Dolphin, or some such) to locate the cache folder. In its default location, the cache folder is hidden on most OSs. To find it, you will need to show hidden folders. Default cache locations are:
    • Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[uSERNAME]\Local Settings\Application Data\Firestorm
    • Windows Vista: C:\Users\[uSERNAME]\AppData\Local\Firestorm
    • Windows 7 and 8: C:\Users\[uSERNAME]\AppData\Local\Firestorm
    • Mac: ~/Library/Caches/Firestorm
    • linux: ~/.firestorm/cache
  • In this folder, locate the files named data.db2.x.* and index.db2.x.* (where * is a digit: 0, 1, 2, etc; you may have more than one of each type of file)
  • Delete all files that match these two names.
  • Log back into SL, to a quiet region (try Hippo Hollow, Aich or Hatton). Allow your inventory to repopulate fully.

Windows only: If the above doesn't work, then click the speaker icon in the system tray, then touch the volume slider, just enough to change the volume slightly. It may be that the Windows sound system has stalled; this should “give it a kick”.

The support group inworld is Firestorm Support English if the above doesn't work.

• Like 5

sweety can you go to your viewer and go on ABOUT and copy and paste that here so i can see that---- dont start a new thread--- just edit this post

are u on a 32 bit system or a 64.....

what will tell me if u are n32 or 64bit is your ram size...if you have more than 2GIG then u are on a 64 bit system-- if u are 2 gigs and under you are on a 32 bit...

Did u down load the wrong one that isnt compatible for your comp??

EDIT______ there is a firestorm  VMM viewer now u might want to try that

Are you using Windows 10 on a graphics card which Windows 10 doesn't support, like an Intel HD 2000 or Intel HD 3000?

If so, see here: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_intel_fix_32bit_fs473http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_intel_fix_32bit_fs473

There have also been people on 4.7.3 on Windows 10 with older AMD cards crashing at initialising VFS. If you are Win 10 with an older AMD card, try the 32bit version of Firestorm, which should work ok for you.

Best thing to do is to file a support JIRA issue with Firestorm (see http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/file_a_jira )

Your logs will quickly show what the problem is.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3170 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.