Someone has threatened to get me banned from SL and claimed they filed a AR, Should I be worried?

Maleena Tiraxibar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Bare in mind I did absolutely nothing and was sitting up a corner. So not sure what went on here? Some crazy I guess but yes I am a tad worried about how LL tackles such things. I do have chat logs and such just in case. Normaly I would not bother you fine people with this kind of thing. My slight concern is I have herd troubling things about LL sometiems acting on faked reports. 

Just to claify a tad, I had never talked to or seen this person before and have certainly not got any bot devices and am very much over the legal age to be on sl, and such, I know it does sound a bit strange but I was honestly sat up a corner and got random im's off somone. But as you say if LL do ever see fit to do anything I do have the chat logs that will back me up entirely. At this point I just think I got trolled, but as they say better to be safe than sorry.

2 answers to this question

for one you need to report them back....

you need to make sure you report them for harrassment, intolerance, deframation of persons or groups and OTHER

yes for each thing and make sure that the subject is consitant with what you type in the main body/report 

Include screen shots and include the region u were in 

indlude the chat...DO not change a word or letter out of what you post in regards to pasting the chat

You can ask LL to check their records to compare to your chat to see you are telling the truth

If you change any thing you pasted from your chat to LL then it can count against you

take a deep breath...

Things will be ok...
Please mute this person and make a note card of this incident for your OWN records --like where it happened...this situation....and MUTE and forget the existance of this person

what they are doing is a form of griefing...Protect yourself by filing those reports now

so after this you DO not give in to any more thoughts of this person

you do not come on to second life for stuff like this

the more you think of this person the more they have POWER over you-- so the sooner you can report and MUTE then you take back the POWER

***HUGS***

• Like 4

I don't quite agree with everything Lisha suggests, but her last comment is 100% spot on.

I don't think you need to submit a flurry of counter abuse reports...in fact, you don't need to submit any at all, unless LL actually bans you.  Then you can submit an appeal.  (But if it will make you feel safer, go ahead and submit one counter-AR now.)

I also agree with her point that you should never edit or alter chat logs.  LL logs everything, and they'll compare their records against yours.  If yours are different, it puts you in a very bad position.

Now, if what you say is completely true...you were doing nothing, and this person just came out of the blue and said, "Ha ha, I reported you and you are gonna be SO banned," then you have nothing to worry about.  Mute them, and move on.

However, usually when someone ARs you, you DID do something, or they THINK you did.  For example, I used to give out a pack of free hair to newcomers, that I'd gotten from another Mentor.  One day, a person I gave it to called me a copybot thief and said she was reporting me.  As it turned out, the hair WAS copybotted, although I didn't know it.  I submitted a report of my own explaining the situation.  I never got an admonition from LL, and never heard anything else about it.

Or another example.  Maybe you are under 16 years old, and in Second Life against the rules.  If you mentioned this to someone, they can (and should!) report you.  Even if you were not harassing anyone or causing harm, you were still breaking an important rule.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.