Wings aren't solid any more?

Nuuby

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3171 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've had these wings for a good while now and they've never done this.

The grass textures keep bleeding through the wing textures.

I'm a few months old, but I don't actually have more than a few hours of playing in.(around 30 hours or so.)

Does anyone know how I can fix this? It started when I went to change my quallity to ultra from the default setting. I figured that was the reason so I changed it back to the default firestorm setting but the problem still persisted. It would be a real shame if these wings were now a waste.

The wings themselves are modifiable and when layered with a different collor, they cause a flickering effect to happen due to the textures being thin enough to clip through eachother. It's how I've always worn them so I don't think the layering is the issue.

This is what the current problem looks like.

Example 1

And this is what they used to look like.

Example 2

Any help or explination would be appreciated, even if the problem doesn't get solved, it would be helpful to know why this happens. <3

Looks like you are standing in front of sculpt/mesh items that have alphas in them in the first one. What you are seeing is an alpha conflict cause by OpenGL. Not really anything you can do about it. It's the same thing that lets you see trees coming through a wall when that wall has a textured window in it. The graphics card has a hard time knowing what order to render in. The old invisiprims on shoes did the same thing when you stood on some dance floors....Flexi prim hait does as well. Just something you have to live with in SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3171 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.