The Premium Membership just got worse, I cannot relinquish land in SL, and no longer come here often

Georgette Summerwind

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3168 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The Premium Membership just got worse, I cannot relinquish land in SL, and no longer come here often. The viewers change to frequently it sucks. So I tried to cancel, and because I had a CC stolen they could not take payment, which was good, since I could not cancel it anyway. Now, it seems impossible, because I would have done it in advance had they sent me an ADVANCE notice that payment was due!!!!

2 answers to this question

LL does not send notices.  You must keep track of it yourself..  However you can see on your dashboard when the next premium fee is due and cancel before that. 

You must rid yourself of any mainland or Linden homes before downgrading to basic.  You can abandon your land anytime.  Note that you will be charged tier on it if it is more than 512sqm, based on how many sqm you owned during the PREVIOUS 30 days of your billing date. 

For example supposed you owned 4096sqm of mainland and your next bill date is Sept 1.  You must rid your self of the parcel by August 2  to not be billed for the tier on Sept. 1. Of course if you own just the tier free 512sqm or a Linden Home just abandon it a day or two before your billing date.

• Like 2

As Amethyst says, Linden Lab does not send renewal notices. Always be sure to read documents carefully before you agree to them.  The TOS (Sect. 4.1) says, "If you have purchased or redeemed a subscription-based product or service, each time your subscription comes up for renewal, we have the right to charge your credit card or debit your account the then-current renewal rate plus any applicable taxes we are required to collect, and you authorize us to do so."   It's your responsibility to tell Linden Lab that you want to cancel.  Otherwise renewal is automatic.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3168 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.