Would love to get into SL but am rarely ever receiving items bought from marketplace

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there.

I have only recently started using SL and its a lot of a fun! Problem is though that time after time items I buy on the market never arrive...

The first time I ever bought stuff was my fault.. I went over the limit of items to deliver at a time and I learned my lesson and got my items re-sent.

Weeks later though, multiple times buying stuff through paypal.. I am right here with SL open as I'm checking out.. I wait and wait for the little box icon to show up and then check my delivery status, and it says its been delivered! So I send in a ticket and list the items that have not shown up, they say it has been resent but still it doesnt appear.. A few times I just end up buying the item again because it was only cheap but it is still a hassle.

Anyway just now I tried buying a failed delivery again because It's a pain waiting for tickets... still no delivery :womanmad:

Could I get a list of things I could be doing wrong? why does it so often not show up? I have a bunch of help articles but still no luck.

And also where is the new place to submit a help ticket for undelivered items.. The new website is proving to be a bit confusing to me and have not been able to find where to submit it.

Thanks so much for any help

Since LL put out the Linden Relief Bears to purchase (all proceeds go to relief efforts in Japan - great cause), the MP has had more problems than usual.  I would suggest that you might wish to visit the shops inworld to make purchases for a bit.

Shopping inworld can be fun!

Thanks Venus

I guess so.. I had a lot of trouble with this before the tragedy in Japan though.. Nice that theres charity going on here for it! good on you!

I would shop in world more but its not really convenient with a slower internet speed. I'm yet to find out how to search efficiently for the right places yet either.. Guess I may just need to learn xD

You submit tickets here: https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

1. It helps to buy items one at a time in general as the multi-buy system seems to experience more delivery problems.

2. If you get a failed delivery (especially for copiable items) it is usually faster to contact the creator with your transaction info and get them to replace the item. If that is unsuccessful then as you say submitting a ticket for redelivery is the way to go.

3. Make sure you do not use "Busy" mode when expecting a delivery - It will cause it to be declined.

4. Details of your purchases can be found on your Marketplace account in your order history, including creators names - The transaction history on your SL account will not have that info.

Hi Kinn,

I almost never buy directly from the market place - find it,  follow the link to purchase in world.  Best practice.

If you find something and they do not have a shop inworld,  buy 1 item at a time

Do not purchase expensive items over the marketplace.  winking08.gif

2 cents from someone who learned the hard way.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.