Threads don't get bumped to the top by a new post anymore

Rya Nitely

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is annoying.

In almost every forum that I have used in the past a new post will bump a thread to the top, which lets you know straight away that it is active. Hotly discussed topics remained near the top and got your attention. Old threads could be bumped to the top and get new interest in a topic.

Now the threads are ordered by creation date, and new threads will stay at the top even though nobody is responding, whereas the older, more active threads are way down the list and you have to look for them.

This means that new posts in older threads will go unnoticed unless you subscribed to it, and other people won't be aware of it so the thread will receive hardly any new activity. 

Yeah, it kinda defeats the purpose because if only a few people change their settings, bumped and active threads still won't get the attention it did before.

Another thing that annoys me is when I decide to post and then sign in, I get taken back to the homepage and then have to navigate back to where I was.

There are many things I do like about these new forums, but this annoys me.

Maybe someone should start a thread titled 'What annoys me about these new forums'.  I would, but I always get told to go to settings and change my options.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.