Seeking Unrigged Mesh Hair Merchants

LibertinaValkyria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I use a furry avatar. KZK Fox v4 head. 

A majority of the hair the Marketplace shows me is Rigged mesh, which means I can't resize or move it, so it clips into my head. Resizer scripts, when put in, do nothing. Anything else is buried in the results and not even labelled correctly, and clicking every single product link in a search is just ridiculous.

Even typing in Unrigged into the search shows Rigged results. No way to filter them out.

Are there any merchants who make Unrigged mesh hair, or any examples of good Unrigged mesh hair? Since looking up the shops themselves means having to slog through a ton of useless Rigged Mesh items, specific product links are welcome.

Libertina, have you taken a look at the Truth store inworld?  While their new hair is rigged, there is an entire section devoted to older styles that includes unrigged mesh hair.  I forget whether it is called a clearance section or discount section, but it's there and may have some styles for you.

I tried looking in Truth's stuff, but nothing's labelled as either rigged or unrigged. I managed to get lucky with a new style of theirs being available in unrigged that came as a group gift, but otherwise, even in the clearance section there's a ton of rigged mesh, no clear distinction between what product's what unless I get the demos.

I learned something when I was using the M3 head that may work for you. (Or may not, but it might be worth a try.)

Does the head respond to the head size slider? Rigged mesh hair does, it seems. If your head doesn't, try adding a rigged mesh hair and then increasing your head size in the shape editer. 

Otherwise, you could try searching the marketplace with the keyword "unrigged."

Radical idea... Find hair you like and ask the merchant if they could help by providing an unrigged version.

The only difference to the merchant is an upload without checking "skin weights" in the upload. It's really no trouble and if they've done the hair the usual way for attachments, I'd expect the upload fee to be L$11.

Textures will already be uploaded, so explain your predicament and ask what it would cost. Also worth suggesting including an unrigged version for your response stated.

It seems some want to rig mesh for the sake of it, not everything has to be rigged and some things positively work better when not but there's really no issue in a merchant including unrigged as a nice helpful value add.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.