Sign in to follow this  
Persephone Emerald

How can I make a donation box for the Japan Crisis?

Question

5 answers to this question

There is a sizable group of avatars working on a fundraising effort. You can join it via http://www.tinyurl.com/pacificfund

Alternately, you can also make a box that links to Donation Linden's marketplace pace, urging people to buy the bears. Resident haza Nirvana has a nice one just for that on his parcel in BlueBird.  It is free, and does the job well.

1. No, in fact all keys are accessible via various methods, and just as good as names
  2. Donation Linden: 2a49a617-49c1-4f6a-902d-4adb79a8da08
  3. American Red Cross (which is who Donation Linden is giving to) would be more direct, but they do not have an official presence in SL, so if you want to target them directly, I'd link to their website.

alternatively, you could link to the SLMarketplace listing for Donation Linden, which has bears for sale, as a donation gift for the relief fund.

Given how many scams we've seen over the years, I would avoid making ANY KIND of tip box for a charity.

Instead, since the Lindens themselves are running their own Donation program, what I would do is use the opportunity to link people to the Marketplace donation bears. Instead of trying to make a toip jar or kiosk.. make a poster with a picture of the bear on it, and have it use llLoadURL to open the clicking-user's web browser, and direct them to the SLMarketplace listings..

I went ahead and spent a couple of hours putting one such poster together... you can grab it here. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/FREE-Relief-Bear-Posters-Provide-a-safe-way-for-your-visitors-to-donate-easily-to-Japan-Earthquake-The-Red-Cross/2052365

• Like 1