Dropped item in no-drop zone, now it's missing from my inventory. Can I get it back?

AlexaGillespie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

I'm surprised that it hasn't already shown up in your Lost & Found folder and even more surprised that the servers allowed you to drop it at all.  If you try to rez anything in a parcel where you don't have permission, the system is supposed to simply refuse. If you really were able to drop the item, it may reappear in your inventory after you relog, or in a day or so, once the servers figure out where it belongs.  If not, check the region's trash collector at <0,0,0>, which is where the servers put things that they can't decide how to handle.  If it's not there, you may have lost it forever.

• Like 1

Whenever I have tried to rez a no-copy item on a parcel where I have forgotten to change to the proper land group, the next time that I log back in, I have always found the item back in my inventory - can't remember whether it shows back up in lost and found, or back in the folder where it was before I tried to rez it.  So there's hope for your item coming back :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.