How long does LL usually waste your time before providing support?

Lucha1488303219

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So LL put my account on administrative hold, never told me why, refuses to answer why, asked for my ID, I gave it to them and it has been over a month since then and they refuse to respond. How long can I expect them to waste my time? Should I just give up on my account or is there a chance these stupid ****s will get their act together?

5 answers to this question

I had a friend recently on hold for a month, they asked for his ID too ...3 times...They kept saying they weren`t receiving it. If you still have access to the Ticket page for accounts on hold, you could try asking them to confirm they have received the ID you sent, in case thats what the hold up is.

• Like 1

Based on what I have seen and heard, there is no real "standard" time.  It can be either resolved quickly, take forever, or never get resolved at all.

My advice is after giving it a little while after each attempt, try again.  It seems that there are a few folks "up there" who actually give a darn and are capable of helping you out.  There are also some others...

If your account matters to you, ie. has enough lindens to be worth the hassle or has possessions that would be hard to replace or that you put a lot of time into setting up, then keep making attempts through all channels available, including snail mail. 

Eventually you will be able to slip past the "gatekeepers" and get in touch with someone who actually gives a darn about you and has the ability to help.  It's a time-honored way of dealing with a large, cumbersome orginization with poor internal commuinications.  When you don't like the answer that one person gives you, ask someone else the same question.  You just might get an answer more to your liking.  It shouldn't work, but it often does...

• Like 2

I've heard that appealing a held account is better done via letter or fax. How true that is I don't know for sure but it's worth a try. I guess it's harder for Support to ignore or overlook a letter on their desk than a support ticket on a computer.

You can write to the address at the bottom of this link. Send by registered post so they can't ever deny receiving it.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Why_is_my_account_on_hold

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.