confused, frustrated...

catiejayne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3168 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi

im an under 18 avi (rl age 16yrs)  that is restricted to PG in here (which is no biggie).. 

in a little under a day i have become frustrated at the lack of places/shops//events that seem to be available to me.

unless i'm doing it wrong?.

is there a way to set searches up for just PG? or are there lists somewhere that tell you where is accessable?

i understand marketplace is there for clothes and stuff but thats fine if you have lindens to spend, most of the stores have free gifts that are in mature or adult zones. 'i have watched sl with my mum as shes been on for ages'  and it does make me go GRRRR when noone seems, at least to me, to cater for younger avi's surely im not that unique?  ..and yes i could have lied about my age, but i chose not too. 

any help would be great

cj

Welcome to Second Life Forums, catiejayne

There really are lots of places available to you; but you need to know where to look.  If you've only been inworld for a day, I would expect you to have landed at a place called "Social Island", and there would be a few people clustered in one area of it who are not quite so new, and are there to give a hand, and will often, if they see your avatar looking a little lost, give you a few directions.

Inworld also there is a smashing group called Fab Free which you can join that will send you to some great places for shopping - visit http://slurl.com/secondlife/The%20Wash/99/141/23 inworld to pick up more details.

If you look on the website for the Destination Guide, as you are G-rated, only G-rated sims will show up for you. Again, it can be a great place to discover some new places to visit, explore, shop at, meet people, learn new skills, have adventures. http://secondlife.com/destinations?lang=en-US&r=g

I hope this information helps you to settle in a bit. Enjoy!

The first few days (or even weeks) in SL can be confusing and frustrating - even without the additional land/place rating issues.   The group of Bay City sims that originally came from the teen grid are still all rated as General, so that might be one place to start exploring.  (If I remember right, I think Mashpee is in the section, so you could search for "Bay City - Mashpee" on the world map.

Caledon Oxbridge University, which should show up in the Destination Guide under Newcomer Friendly Areas is General.  They have some great tutorials and classes there.  SL Botanical Gardens is a beautiful place to visit that is General (though no stores there :) )

Exploring the different places that show up in your Destination Guide is a good suggestion.  Also, you can use the Marketplace as a way to find clothing stores, etc., that have styles you might like - if they also have an inworld store, that info should be on their MP page and then you can visit them inworld to see if they have group gifts or freebies there.

Besides the Fab Free area inworld that was mentioned in one of the other posts, you also might want to take a look at the Fab Free '30 days' list - google 'Fab Free 30 days list' to get the URL to their site where they have the list with the stores and their SLURL's.  I have no idea which stores (if any) on their list are rated General, but it's worth taking a look at.  

Besides the general/moderate/adult ratings, some places also restrict avi's based on the avi's SL age (for example, not allowing avatars less than 30 days old) so that's another thing to keep in mind.  

Be patient, explore around, and enjoy!

suggest to join the group: SL frees and offers (SLF&O)

they put out a list regularly (a group notice) of all the stuff that merchants put out for the SLF&O group members

like just on hair is over 200 items that can get

the rule of SLF&O is no Adult (A) stuff. So that just leaves G and M

you being G only. means you would have to  work thru the list and find the G onlys. But is quite a lot of G shops

+

if you do do this (work thru the list) everytime it comes out, then quite a few people (incl. the group mods/officers) will love you

bc you can put it (the G Only list) back into the group (as a notice) for everyone else in the same sit as you

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3168 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.