My town flooded and completely sunk, so what do i do now?will it come back up?

Antivia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I had just acquired land and was building a town. It was fine when I logged for the night, the next day when i logged on it was flooded I tried blocking where water was coming in and logged. Later when I came back everything was under water. The entire estate had sunk. I can't find it under the water. What happens now? Is there any way to get it back or will it just dissapear? 

I hope someone can tell me something about this, I have never heard of it happening.:smileyfrustrated:

2 answers to this question

Hallo, Antivia The only way land in Second Life can flood is when someone has actually lowered the land level. It sounds like you are paying for a chunk of land on a private estate, so you need to contact the actual land owner. There is no way of blocking with sandbags or walls to prevent water coming into buildings in Second Life. Second Life is made up of layers. The land that sits on top of the layer of water can be raised or lowered to create mountains and lakes. If everything you have built has disappeared, it could have been de-rezzed and be in your Lost and Found folder in your inventory. There is much to learn in Second Life. I suggest you take a read of some parts of the official Second Life Knowledge Base, in this instance, about types of land, and terraforming. (See Knowledge Base tab above).

There are two possibilities here.  One is that the estate owner has simply lowered the land below sea level.  This is most unlikely, and if she had, your objects would not have sunk along with it.  They would still be right where you left them, floating in the air.

It's much more likely that the region you were on has been taken off the grid.  In this case, you can't teleport there any more.  If you go to a region nearby and look at where your region was, you will see ocean, but that's an optical illusion.  There's NOTHING there, no server is running the simulator software that creates a Second Life region.  If you try to cross the border into the region, you seem to hit an invisible wall.  There's no region name on the main Map at the place's former coordinates.

Regions can go off the grid temporarily, if there is a technical problem.  If that is the case, contact the estate owner or a manager.  But it's probable that the region went away because the owner stopped paying their monthly land fee to LL and has gone out of business.

If you can't contact the estate owner, file a support case with Linden Lab.  They will put the region back on line for a short period to allow people who were living there a chance to collect their stuff.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.