Does any one know what is the size of inventory that will start to give problems in using a viewer?

LishaJoya Haven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

LishaJoya Haven wrote:

OK--- here is my delima... I have a massive inventory size that cant seem to stay on/get on the new VMM while my lower inventory alts can get on it flawlessly... so for the past 2 weeks i have been sorting/deleting my inventory that was once 275,000 and is now jus tunder 170,000....

before i couldnt get on this viewer at all....but to day i managed to be a stuck while cloud with my lindens amount as ???? marks...LOL....

I have ony a few more days to get all my issues fixed/resolved...becuase my store on the MP will suffer with my breedables in my store not all fully migrated to the VMM....

or i will have to transfer my breedables to my main alt.....and my MP store there...

So what is the inventory size MAX i can be so i can get on the VMM viewer

Thank you all my precious SL family!

♥♥♥ Lisha

From what I hear, the biggest problem with inventory loading isn't the number of items individually but the number of items in each folder. Folders are fetched one at a time and if there's more than about 10,000 items in a folder it will often time out. You should also try to cut down on the number of folders in your base inventory not in subfolders - for instance, if you have 10,000 folders in your inventory you'll want to organize them in 10 subfolders of 1000 each rather than having them all on the main inventory level.

2 answers to this question

LishaJoya Haven wrote:

OK--- here is my delima... I have a massive inventory size that cant seem to stay on/get on the new VMM while my lower inventory alts can get on it flawlessly... so for the past 2 weeks i have been sorting/deleting my inventory that was once 275,000 and is now jus tunder 170,000....

before i couldnt get on this viewer at all....but to day i managed to be a stuck while cloud with my lindens amount as ???? marks...LOL....

I have ony a few more days to get all my issues fixed/resolved...becuase my store on the MP will suffer with my breedables in my store not all fully migrated to the VMM....

or i will have to transfer my breedables to my main alt.....and my MP store there...

So what is the inventory size MAX i can be so i can get on the VMM viewer

Thank you all my precious SL family!

♥♥♥ Lisha

From what I hear, the biggest problem with inventory loading isn't the number of items individually but the number of items in each folder. Folders are fetched one at a time and if there's more than about 10,000 items in a folder it will often time out. You should also try to cut down on the number of folders in your base inventory not in subfolders - for instance, if you have 10,000 folders in your inventory you'll want to organize them in 10 subfolders of 1000 each rather than having them all on the main inventory level.

Yes like Theresa said the secret is folders, lots and lots of folders. I would go a step further though and not include more than about 100 items in a folder. Folders are items too so in a single folder you don't want more than about 100 folders. With 100 subfolders under each. Takes a while if you have a very flat structure. I beleive that there are some scripts floating around that can automate the process, but they just create tons of folders alphabetically.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.