Noob at scripting.. help?

MiniiTaylor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3178 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay so a while ago I saw someone walking around at the SLINK store with a script with a hover text

that said " Saving up for slink feet and hands - 100L$ out of 1125L$ "

So I was curious on how it worked, I payed the girl 1L$ and it changed to "101L$ of out 1125L$".

I was wondering if someone could help me make a script that did something like that.

Or if there was anything on marketplace that'd be great.

Thanks!

Well, to start you off, here's a script to show how you get the basic hovertext and possibly some contributions

// Warning, script composed out of world and not syntax-checkedinteger iWant = 100;integer iHave = 0;string begging;

vector colour = <1.0, 1.0, 1.0>;

float noShame = 1.0;message(){ begging = "Saving up for Christmas, I need " + (string) iWant +
" $L and I have " + (string) iHave + " $L, please help"; llSetText(begging, colour, noShame);}default{ state_entry() { message(); } money( key benefactor, integer amount) { iHave += amount; message(); llInstantMessage( benefactor, "thank you so much for your kindness"); }}

Drop the script in a prim, set the prim to invisible, and attach it to your head, and then think very carefully, do you really want the ire and approbium that using it will doubtless draw down upon your (prim-enclosed) head?

That sort of behavior is likely to get you banned from a lot of regions in SL.  Residents take a very dim view of begging.  Before they actually ban you, expect to get a lot of verbal abuse.

BTW, money cannot be paid to an attachment, so you can't write a script that will accept the few donations you are hoping for unless you put it into a follower, not a prim that is attached to you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3178 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.