Fake Email from linden Labs

Digit Ditko

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I received what I consider a fake email from Linden Labs indicating that I should reset the password on my account.  Since the email was in french and I'm english, so I assumed it was fake and probably a hack of some kind.

I looked at opening a ticked about this, but this is not really a second life account issue, it's more of an email hack.    

Does anyone know where I should report this to Linden Labs?

you will get an email something like this if somebody else has tried to reset your password. they could be trying to break in, or they didn't remember their own username correctly. when this happens, the language seems to be keyed on the IP address where the request was made.

if you ignore the message, your password will stay the same. if this was one of the LL pasword reset requests, the IP address of the requester is probably in the message body.

And just to be safe .. do NOT click any links in the email. If you do choose to reset your password yourself, do so only by manually opening the secondlife.com website and using only the tools found there that are familiar to you.

And double-check that the "secure site" indicator is on in your browser as you do.

I never use linke from emaisl directly wthout analysing them and never is anything suspecious.

There appeared to be no tampering with my accoun that I could see, still had all my L$, etc.  I did change my account password using my browser manually just to be safe. 

Rhonda Huntress wrote:
 Linden Lab.  There can be only one.

In fact, there is an infamous photograph of the good, the bad, and the ugly (mostly the last of these) which features the dog, but every time it gets posted it is taken down for some reason, although it is publicly available on the net elsewhere.

Alec - golden ones; they are even more stupid than the black ones

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.