Sudden mainland lag

kenn Habilis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3989 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

I'm assuming you mean the lag started with your neighbour rezzing the breedable horses and that this neighbour is in the same sim and not over the border. If so, then yes, it's quite possible. Although the main breedable horse creators tout their latest horses as low lag there could be other less well scripted animals. Constant collisions between the horses could add to lag too.

Lag from breedable horses was too much for one resident who put a sign up for sale for 0L on Marketplace saying "Horses must die - LAAAAAAAAG"

There could be other reasons for this sudden increase in lag, badly scripted items, or temporary rezzers although the spikes with temp rezzers would tend to rise and fall rather than stay at a high peak.

While the horses are certainly a suspect, I recommending going over your land, especially if more people than yourself have build rights, just to make sure that no surprises have found their way onto your parcel. 

Have you added anything recently to your parcel that is heavily scripted?

Is your neighbor's parcel with the horses on the same sim as your own?

But, yeah, odds are it's the horses.

Eh. I have a busy region with 30 to 70 users at a time in it . And my wife had about 15-20 horses. Ameretto horses, along with the mall. The sim didn't really experience any mjore lag than before.. Depending on what time of the day this was. There were rolling restarts on the grid yesterday

I noticed the same, there is a ranch near my store with more than 50 horses, the owners said they rezzed in the sky as downstairs the lag is high. I have a store downstairs and it is a great damage to me, as people come and crash or don't rezz. I can' t edit at some times of the day , but still have to pay the same amount of money to Lindens.

I sent several tickets, chatted with at least two Lindens inviting them there, and they could not even move ( one crashed).I kindly asked the horse owners to shut up scripts when they are not there, as they are causing lag, this suggested by  the first Linden in chat who visited,  and this resulted in being banned form their parcel.

No help up to now, the answer I had about the ticket I sent is that everything is fine and I should check some wicki about lag, my fault, yes...

Feel free to come check yourself, Nizhi , in Figaro, from my profile.

Delia Auer

I am suddenly experiencing very bad lag on our mainland sim, never before like this. Ic this caused by our neighbors rezzing twenty-one breedable horses?  If not, what could be causing this sudden spike in lag ?

YES, efinitely, it is!!!

How to solve this?

1. Talk with him
  2. leave the place

But this situation can happens in ANY where, even on private regions!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3989 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.