Is this available for SL?

sarastip

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3171 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In RL I recently bought a bra that I really like. On line, it is:

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374306419511&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446772104&R=3417853921937&P_name=Huit&N=306419511&bmUID=kYo.Sbd

Between the design it is really sheer. I could not find anything like it on Marketplace. Does anyone know if it is available in an stores in world.

sarastip wrote:

Between the design it is really sheer. I could not find anything like it on Marketplace. Does anyone know if it is available in an stores in world.

Are you looking for mesh or system layer or appliers?

In general, most sellers on Second Life (In world stores and marketplace) do not duplicate actual RL clothes. But, considering the number of bras for sale in SL and the very large number in RL (actual stores and on-line), there maybe one like it by coincidence. But I haven't seen one.

An observation about SL bras. compared to RL stores there are few that have lace or that are very sheer. Some, but few. In RL, any visit to the lingerie department of a store or to a store's website will be full of lacy and sheer lingerie. I have no idea why this is true.

Also, a complaint about RL websites. In an effort to protect us from seeing nipples, the photos of bras and sleepwear do not show how sheer an item is. That does a disservice to those that buy clothes on-line.

As for your bra (I like it too) keep looking. You may find something.

sarastip wrote:

I bought the same bra, although from a different store, and really like it. Yes, it is more sheer than shown in the picture you link to. As others have pointed out, you are unlikely to find the same bra in a store in SL. I am in the process of making one (not for sale). Making your own is about the only way to duplicate something found in RL.

Tina:

"An observation about SL bras. compared to RL stores there are few that have lace or that are very sheer. Some, but few. In RL, any visit to the lingerie department of a store or to a store's website will be full of lacy and sheer lingerie. I have no idea why this is true."

Very true. I have noticed that myself. I don't know why; lace and sheer fabric are very easy to make.

"Also, a complaint about RL websites. In an effort to protect us from seeing nipples, the photos of bras and sleepwear do not show how sheer an item is. That does a disservice to those that buy clothes on-line."

I agree. It is a rant of mine. Back in my undergraduate college days I modeled lingerie (as well as other clothes) for photography for on-line catalogs. For sheer bras and night gowns the stores always insisted on getting rid of any trace of nipples, usually using Photoshop or similar software. While that protected sensitive eyeballs from the sight of a nipple, it did a real disservice to the on-line customer by not showing how sheer the item is. I have no problem with my nipples showing in a photo of a bra.

Marybeth

BLOG

With regard to store RL websites in the US protecting you from the abhorrent horror of seeing nipples and clearly wanting to avoid the ensuing mayhem, riots and bloodshed that would result.. If the sheet bra or whatever is a worldwide brand-name, just use say a European store website instead. We don't suffer from nipple phobia.

Google will help you find them.

Sassy Romano wrote:

With regard to store RL websites in the US protecting you from the abhorrent horror of seeing nipples and clearly wanting to avoid the ensuing mayhem, riots and bloodshed that would result.. If the sheet bra or whatever is a worldwide brand-name, just use say a European store website instead. We don't suffer from nipple phobia.

Google will help you find them.

Sassy,

Very true. I have never had a photo sold to a European store, but I have seen the catalogs and web sites for them. In your area of the world there is not the problem of nipple phobia. 

See the top photo at https://marybethcooperstone.wordpress.com/lingerie/bras/. (yes, that is the real me, from a few years ago :) )

A very similar photo was used by a store in their website. After the photographer submitted it, the store's publisher "air brushed" (digitally) the photo to remove my offending nipples. The result not only defended innocent viewers from the horror of seeing nipples, but made it appear that the bra was not very sheer. The store had a similar bra from of the same brand that was not very sheer. In the photos you could not tell the difference. I think that did a disservice to the customers.

When I order clothes on-line or from print catalogs I would like to know what they really look like. 

Marybeth

BLOG

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3171 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.