Are there more fully customizable avatars like the classic ones?

KWVance

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I just started playing 2nd life. I would very much like to make my avatar actually look like myself. I tried using a classic character and editing it but it didn't come out well. (probably because I look really young for my age)

My question is, are there any avatatars available in the second life catalog that have fully customizable features for the entire face?

If you know of any good ones, please let me know.

yea i looked there, more specifically under avatar appearence. but I mean are there any other avatars other than the default classic ones that have a full set of functional sliders, for head, eyes, nose, ears, chin etc...

nothing sucks... the only limitation is your phantasy, and most likely: skills

you can create your own skin in photoshop or paintshop... or any other graphic program. Use your imaginations and there are no limits. The standards shapes are good enough to give enough details to your look. What lacks in the sape you have to compensate in the skin, and adjust the skin for the details the shape can't give.

use google : body templates Second Life  (11.500.000 results )

It's a compensation game: the more you change one feature, the more you need to go back and edit other features to compensate for the changes that first feature created. There's a delicate sort of balance involved. It's hardly a perfect system, but it actually tends to work fairly well, for the most part. I will admit, however, that face probably the hardest thing to edit, because of the number of sliders involved. 

Once you have something close, look for a skin - skin and shape work together to define your facial features, so you may find that a different skin will appear to make the chin narrower. 

If you feel you lack the skill, or simply get too frustrated, you could commission someone to help you create a shape. Alternatively, you could commission a mesh head. It probably won't be modifiable, and it'll probably cost a fair amount of money, but someone talented could make it look exactly like you. Of course, it comes with its own downsides. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.