Why would my Avatar's Visibility Keep Changing?

SedonaOnidene

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3177 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

*** The disappearing finally stopped but I am curious as to what may have caused it if anyone still wants to answer***

I returned from another sim; rezzed a build and during the rezzing, I noticed while flying, my avatar kept going invisible, then reappearing. The only item left showing are the shoes.  The timing is consistent with how long it stays visible. I have tried stopping animations, revoking animations,  rebaking; pretty much everything under Avatar health. I use Firestorm and I rebuilt the bridge. There is a small white square above where the head would be- right below the speak circle, I haven't seen that before on my avatar, but then again,  I haven't seen it disappear and reappear over and over either. What could be going on?

Thank you

ps. I also derezzed the build but it didn't seem to have an affect on the problem

1 answer to this question

Hi Sedona,

I've seen attachments flicker in and out of view while flying, and presumed it was an "interest list" issue as new objects came within draw distance and the viewer had to re-sort what to display. I never saw my avatar vanish, but I imagine that's not in the interest list. I could imagine that, if you were using a mesh avatar, it could suffer the same visibility issues as my attachments, but I'm only making a wild guess.

Just add this to your list of SL weirdities!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3177 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.