Give Us Free Linden Homes!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If everyone had a Linden home even free accounts, then there would be no reason for anyone to get a premium account. There are plenty of places for people to set their home to for free. Alot of sims if you join their group will alow members to set home there. But the point is LLs has to give some incentive to upgrade.

First off, I think free linden homes for everyone would be a very bad idea... What is the one thing that keeps LL from pulling the plug on SL? A healthy economy they can make money off. Giving everyone a free linden home would cost LL a lot of money. They have to take the costs of running the servers for all the free homes. They have to provide support for them as well. They will miss out on sim rentals from the land barons who will take a big hit because of the free homes as well. Then the problem is multiplied because people will start to create five alt accounts so they can have 5 linden homes to put all their stuff.

I do have a better idea for the linden homes though.... Move some or all of them to abandoned parts of the mainland. Create some small themed villages making mainland look more atractive in the process. restore some of the roads or create new roads connecting these villages and perhaps other interesting parts of the mainland. This way LL could save some on server costs and invest that back in fixing up mainland.   

• 7 months later...

I do not think Linden should give free homes. What I would like is that my PAID subscription get more choices of home style because the current are ugly and outdated. What I would like is more prims so that I could actually put anything in my linden home. 350 prims and nicer mesh homes to choose from.

If you want freebies...there are other metaverses out there that give land and homes away in order to attract users. Many operated by nice folks. Most of them not having the luxuries you find in SL. i,e no mesh houses, no mesh bodies, no mesh heads.

Linden homes are truly outdated. And unfortunately the new "Horizons" themed plots which you have to purchase ( lots of prims but equally ugly homes) only shows that Lindens are still out of touch with their customers desires.

We're not stepford people. 

Premium members want
1. greater selection of homes
2. ability to rez the desired home in a desired neighborhood. So, all homes in the 'hood are not alike. You pick your home from the list and you pick your plot as well.
3. newer mesh homes that use prims more efficiently and can be tailored with more options than the limited palette of current linden homes. Lets use our own textures please.
4. TONS more prims
5. more space between homes with some nice waterways instead of every home landlocked

Yes I can get all of the above by buying a bit of mainland. However, there the "uniqueness" of the neighborhood gets far too radicle. I might like a mix of a-frames and plantation style homes. But I sure do not want a giant arse castle out my back patio and I dont want a shopping mall out my front door. 

some structure good. little more variety awesome.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.