Is there a way not to display any badges on posts?

Coby Foden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I find the badges in posts very distracting. In most of the badges people use the user's name for example is very difficult to read. Badges just add unnecessary clutter and distraction to the screen with their varying layouts and difficult to read texts.

What is more important, the text content of your post or "nice" badge on your post? I come here to read posts, not to "admire" how cool somebody's badge might be. All those badges make the posts look like some advertisment magazine. Very distracting as they steal the foxus. (Sorry badge lovers... but this is how I feel).

So, is there a way to turn them off totally? I know I can turn off mine, but I want to turn them off from other posts too.

I don't believe there is currently any immediate way to turn off the badges, no. There may be a way to do it with the Greesemonkey Firefox addon.

While I agree with you in principle that, ultimately, it is the text of a post that is important, it's not as if the badges are in anyway stopping you from reading that text. If you don't like the badges you don't have to look at them and they are not impeding your ability to read posts.

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

Wow, thank you Cerise! No badges anymore to lure my eyes on them. Now I can concentrate on the content of the lovely and interesting posts people make here. Thank you very much. :smileyhappy:

Now next question, how to reduce the unnecessary excessive white space from the posts? :smileysurprised:

Coby Foden wrote:

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

Wow, thank you Cerise! No badges anymore to lure my eyes on them. Now I can concentrate on the content of the lovely and interesting posts people make here. Thank you very much. :smileyhappy:

Now next question, how to reduce the unnecessary excessive white space from the posts? :smileysurprised:

You're welcome. You can try the blue goo theme. It does not remove that much space (space can be good!), but it does vary the sections so the page looks a little less like a wall of text.

• 3 weeks later...

<------ That thing over there with my picture and a fancy background on it.

Click up top on "My Settings" then go into the Social Connect tab to configure yours. There are other related settings in other places under My Settings too.

There is an excellent tutorial (with lots of helpful comments and additions) located here:

How to create a cool forum avatar/badge

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.