Deploys for the Week of 2011-03-14

Oskar Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Second Life Server (main channel)
We have promoted Andrew's "maint-server" project from LeTigre. This includes assorted server enhancements and maintennance bug fixes. We have fixed a few simulator crash modes as well as security fixes. The following jiras are fixed in this release:
  • SVC-1144: replies to offline emails can't contain unicode
  • SVC-5959: Groups notices sent to email do not identify sender
  • SVC-6713: Region "0 0 2" not allowing TP access (even as god)
  • SVC-6709: Delete objects on owned land stopped working since recent server-updates
  • SVC-412: Include proper character encoding header in the messages forwarded from second life
Second Life RC BlueSteel
This branch features updates to our IP management tools. There has been a persistent and reliable crasher that we have verified. This issue has been identified, resolved, and fixed. 
Second Life RC LeTigre
This is a maint-server branch that contains a few minor bug fixes and security patches.
Second Life RC Magnum
This channel will keep the "Estate Transfer Limits" project for round 2. We are merging in more estates that have the potential to be impacted by this into the Magnum channel to have a more significant impact. This project implements adjusted behaviour limiting L$, IM, and object transfer for accounts who are limited to estates.

We will be monitoring this thread during the next two days so please feel free to post issues that you feel have been introduced by the new code. Please file a JIRA for issues you find and post the JIRA link into this thread. It really helps us out. When determining if issues are relevant or not research is key. Tracking down exactly the right situation where an issue is occurring greatly speeds up the development process to get fixes in place.

I appreciate your help. Have a good week!

__Oskar

[[ UPDATE ]] Because of a content theft security exploit we have patched all 4 channels to be running the same code: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Server/11#11.03.16.224235

Oskar Linden wrote:

Second Life RC Magnum
This channel will keep the "Estate Transfer Limits" project for round 2. We are merging in more estates that have the potential to be impacted by this into the Magnum channel to have a more significant impact. This project implements adjusted behaviour limiting L$, IM, and object transfer for accounts who are limited to estates.

Could you please point me at a Wiki page, Release Note, Document, Jira or provide here a more detailed description of exactly what it means when "limiting L$, IM, and object transfer for accounts who are limited to estates"

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Could you please point me at a Wiki page, Release Note, Document, Jira or provide here a more detailed description of exactly what it means when "
limiting L$, IM, and object transfer for accounts who are limited to estates
"

My understanding of that is it turns the estate into a walled garden for AVs who are restricted to just one estate, they won't be able to interact in any way with AVs elsewhere on the grid.  It'll be for the 13-15s who are being allowed to login, but only to private regions owned by their sponsoring estate (if they have a sponsoring estate, otherwise they can't login anywhere at present).  So, innocent little Timmy's innocence will be spared from being given evil main grid content, until he turns 16.

Pauline Darkfury wrote:

My understanding of that is it turns the estate into a walled garden for AVs who are restricted to just one estate, they won't be able to interact in any way with AVs elsewhere on the grid.  It'll be for the 13-15s who are being allowed to login, but only to private regions owned by their sponsoring estate (if they have a sponsoring estate, otherwise they can't login anywhere at present).  So, innocent little Timmy's innocence will be spared from being given evil main grid content, until he turns 16.

Ahhh .. gotcha. Well I'm a wee bit past 16 so I'm sure that won't apply (I hope!). I was curious because the issue I am experiencing acts like a limiter on IMs from in-world devices (except its current max allowed is zero .. LOL)

Thank you Pauline.

Oskar,

Sorry to report but I am still unable to receive IMs from scripted devices while offline. After today's roll, my Sim is now running the new RC ... but still no IMs from scripted objects.

Any chance of this being looked into, or should I file a JIRA on it?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.