I want to sublet skyboxes on my island parcel. Where can I advertise that?

voxcorvi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

you can put it here if it's mainland

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Parcels-for-Rent-Mainland/bd-p/mainlandparcelsforrent

or here if it's on a estate

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Region-for-Rent-Full-Private/bd-p/ParcelsForSaleEstate

keep in mind posting in wrong place can lead to removal or moving your post to the right place by a mod.

There isn't a specific section for parcels for rent on private estates.  You can sublet your parcel on an estate, provided the estate owner allows this practice...there's no inherent prohibition.  But it's not done very often, for several reasons.

1.  The main reason is that you are competing with your estate owner.  By the very nature of things, she can rent a parcel to your prospective tenant for less than you can, and provide that tenant with more control over their parcel.  So you are at a big competitive disadvantage.

2.  If you have multiple residents on one land parcel...whether you put them side by side or stacked up on top of each other in the sky...they all must share the parcel's music and media streams.  This can potentially lead to "fighting over the remote."  (This is a problem more in prospect than in practice.  I operate a high rise condo that has up to five tenants sharing a parcel and nobody has ever complained to me about the neighbors' media choices.)

3.  When you have multiple residents on one parcel, you cannot take advantage of the land's "privacy" feature.  Your neighbors will be able to cam into your home and see what you and your friends are up to.

4.  Prim limits.  You can only allow your tenants a portion of the land's capacity for their objects.  You will have to adjust your rental fees to reflect the prims you can afford to offer your tenants.

If you want to be a landlord, in my opinion your best bet is to buy a big parcel on the Mainland, subdivide it, and rent it out...or several small parcels, scattered here and there.  Unless, of course, you can afford to buy an entire private estate region and set up as an estate owner.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.