Interview for a magazine article

Mrrross

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone,

I'm writing an article about online communities like Second Life for a university magazine in Melbourne, Australia. I'm looking particularly at men who have female avatars and why they do it. If this is you I would love to ask you a few questions via Skype/phone/email or whatever floats your boat. 

Send me a personal message if you're interested or would like further details. I'd love to hear from some of you.

That sounds like it will be a fascinating and superbly balanced representation of online communities. Lets face it, there's no reason why anyone would be interested in females that play male avatars, or gays that play straight or heterosexual people who play gays, or adults that play children or humans that play vampires. Lets not even get into why a human would want to play a dragon or even a cardboard box! I think it's about time I wrote an article about "researchers" (aka final year undergrad students) writing cliched, tired articles about subjects with huge bias but I doubt anyone would have the slightest interest in this subject either. *shrugs*

I am trans so I have a female avi for diffrent reason as a guy would. It's easier to find items, shapes, skins, clothing and such for female avis. That and people tend to readily help if your a female avi. THats just my observation from 3 and a half years on sl. Good luck with the article.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.