How to report copybot without the category "Copyright or intellectual property violation"?

perle Pfalz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3184 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I saw some copybotted items in a region and tried to report it from the viewer, but couldn't find "Copyright or intellectual property violation" category. I remember the category was previously in there...
Did Linden decide to relinquish our reports of copybot without DMCA? I think DMCA is a big burden for the creators. Is there no method to have the copybotted objects deleted as before anymore?

2 answers to this question

report it only if you'r personally are involved, otherwise not much will happen. And if you do, be really sure it is copied, if there is the slightest doubt you can be in trouble for accusing others for false reasons.

Marketplace is full of copied creations and nothing is done to that.

I am not sure that LL ever did act on notices of IP infractions submitted via ARs, which may be why they took it off the list.  The only person who has any legal "standing" to complain is the creator whose items have been infringed.

The correct procedure, if you notice copybotted items, is to send a notecard to the creator, with as much information as you can provide...the place encountered, when encountered, object owner, object creator, etc.  If the creator chooses, they can then file a DMCA notice.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3184 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.