How do I get the new VMM Viewer to install correctly and let me log in?

SavageR0SE

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3215 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I can not install the VMM Viewer. On install it hangs up on 1 exe file and 4 .dll files. If i try ignore when I try to log in the Viewer hangs up at Loading World....and never completely logs in. I have tried repeated dowloads and clean installs with same result. The only Second life Viewer that will log in for me is a 3.7 older version. I am using Windows 8.1 and wondering if there is some incompatibility or if i might be able to get these files that are not downloading correctly sent to me somehow? This is a Crisis as I can not list any breedables on marketplace and the prices are very time-sensitive with new traits.

These are the files that are giving error messages when I download the new Second Life Viewers including the Version 3.8.2.303891 (VMMViewer ) ....

C;\ProgramFile(x86)\SecondLifeViewer\win_crash_logger.exe

C;\ProgramFile(x86)\SecondLifeViewer\ssleay32.dll

C;\ProgramFile(x86)\SecondLifeViewer\msvcr120.dll

C;\ProgramFile(x86)\SecondLifeViewer\mcvcp120.dll

C;\ProgramFile(x86)\SecondLifeViewer\libeay32.dll

It seems I must install this newwr Viewer Managed Marketplace Version for Second Life in order to list products now.

Any help or advice on how to do this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

UPDATE on VMM PROBLEM

ADDED 08/01/15....

Finally got the VMM Viewer installed (the newest version had been added to site for download instead of SL doing an update to get to it)  and it worked. No errors and I am able to login. (I did not have to do the steps outllined in the ANSWER message but ty for responding) I am able to power up the VMM Viewer HOWEVER...

I am still unable to use the Viewer as it keeps crashing on me as soon as I open up the Marketplace box and my Inventory. I read somewhere that having a LARGE SL inventory causes problems (Mine is approx 115k on the main avatar) So I tried using my alt who has almost NO inventory and was able to log in on the VMM and open the MP box and inventory. Now the problem is that I have my store and my already migrated (by SL) breedables on the MAIN AVATAR name which will not function with the VMM Viewer (possibly because of my large inventory).

NEW UPDATE 08/01/15 3:46 pm

Just tried to logon with the VMM Viewer on main avatar and we are back to Loading World............... Which never loads and log in never completes. Tried multiple times. WAS able to log in with my alt and move around easily with the new viewer so I do not think it is the download at this point. I believe it has to do with my large inventory on my main avatar possibly. I could start a NEW store for my Alt and try to use the VMM Marketplace that way but what about the 250 breedables already migrated over by Second Life to my main avatar??? Frankly this new VMM Viewer does not seem to me to be completely READY for the average seller on marketplace........... It's a NITEMARE!!!

Still unable to use the VMM Viewer with my main avatar....Any solutions to THIS problem?

Thanking you in advance.

~SavageR0SE

1 answer to this question

Exactly what is the error message displayed when these files are called out as being in error or are announced as not being available for update?

Please update your question with the requested information as follows:  Select the Options drop-down menu to the right of your question and select Edit Question.

My guess would be that you need to perform all the instructions for a "Clean" reinstall plus a manual deletion of the C;\ProgramFile(x86)\SecondLifeViewer folder. You will be prompted to verify this action. Respond Yes/Allow. If after an uninstall these files remain and are for some reason marked as Read Only the next reinstall will fail. 

OK Do the following:

1) Reinstall SL again using the official version from Linden Lab. [be sure to do a clean install - Instructions are at the link below]

.... http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

Here is the Windows 8 Manual System File cleanup procedure since it's not in the procedure above.

Windows 8 and Windows 8.1

.... 1) Open C:\Users\(PC Login Name)\AppData\Local and delete the contents of the SecondLife folder.
.... 2) Open C:\Users\(PC Login Name)\AppData\Roaming and delete the contents of the SecondLife folder.
.... 3) Uninstall Second Life using the Programs and Features tool in the Windows Control Panel.
.... 4) Download and install the latest release of the Second Life Viewer from http://secondlife.com/support/downloads/.

Note: (PC Login Name) is the Windows 8 User Account Login Name

If you can't see the files or folders described above:
.... 1) Using File Explorer navigate to -> Libraries / Computer / ( C: ) / Users /
.... 2) Press the Continue button to get permission to obtain permanent permission edit this directory.
.... 3) From the View drop-down menu option select Options & Change Folder & Search Options
.... 4) Select the View Tab
.... 5) Under the Hidden Files and Folders options click on the - O Show hidden files, folders & Drives radio button
.... 6) Push the Apply Button then the OK button.

2) Login using that Viewer and wait for a complete Login and Inventory rebuild.

3) Afterwards, you may use any viewer you prefer but I recommend a clean install of that viewer as well following their instructions.

Macro 2014-03-06 Rev

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3215 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.