i cant get on the new VMM viewer due to my inventory size and now i cant list my items

LishaJoya Haven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i cant get on the new VMM viewer due to my inventory size and now i cant list my items.....the only viewer i can get in is firestorm 4.4.2.34167 ON this acct...which is my main....

i can get on it wit my lower inventory alts...but i do not see me movig my invetory to my main alt acct just to list items....

some thing has to work for us with larger inventory sizes.....

Now i cant list my items via VMM (which i am very excited about)...im just kinda bummed out about it....

what can i do about this....

1 answer to this question

I can only take a guess what the problem is without seeing your viewer logs, but it sounds like you may be timing out at login on that specific account because it has a large flat inventory structure.

If your inventory is large and flat, creating inventory views can take a very log time to create during login and you will time out. This problem is worse on AIS3 enabled viewers. Firestorm 4.4.2 is an older Pre-AIS3 viewer.

If this is indeed your problem then this should work around it for now - purge your cache before each session.

On an empty inventory cache, inventory views will create instantly.

If this does fix the problem then I suggest you contact Linden Lab support directly at https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ and tell them that you cannot login unless your purge cache and that you suspect the problem is being caused by a large flat inventory.

LL support have an automated tool they can use to deflatten your inventory.

You can also attempt to fix this yourself by subfoldering up your inventory stucture as much as possible. The more nested folders you have the better. You probably have a folder or folders which contain many thousands of items causing the iventory views to be slow to create.

In particular, check the Calling Card folder & subfolders. Calling Cards can duplicate & you can end up with many thousands of extra Calling Cards.  You can safely delete all your calling cards and the viewer will reacreate them on next login from your friends list.

Hope that helps  :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.