Sign in to follow this  
Patricia Mattercaster

Illegal not to have pay script in the box?

Sorry if this doesnt belong here, but i have an urgent question regarding selling stuff inworld. I was told by a land owner that it's against TOS to sell things in-world without a "pay script" or "vendor script" in the box with the items i'm selling. It was suggested i get some type of vendor. Is this true? Am i obligated to put some kind of vendor script in the boxes i sell? Until now i havent put any scripts in my boxes (i sell clothes btw). Have i been doing something against TOS all this time?! :( please somebody let me know about this.

This "Land owner" does not know what he is talking about :)

You can use any method availible to sell items, and are not obligated to include anything.

No, that's not a requirement to have vendor scripts in your objects set for sale. Perhaps ask this person for more information and/or have them quote the part of the TOS that concerns them.

That's complete nonsense. People use direct object buy, either original, copy, or contents, all the time. You don't need a script.

Vendor scripts are not only unnecessary, they also negatively affect the sim performance (as do all scripts). This land owner should be glad that you use unscripted low-lag vendors.

Your landowner is mis-informed... it's perfectly fine to sell items without using a sales script... If you happen to be interested in a low lag sales script with a lot of features, I happen to sell one... =)

Split Sales Script Pro.: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Split-Sales-Script-Pro-by-Jetset-Designs/760123

~Servian Serevi