VMM Parent Folders?

Kralus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

(can't find it posted in the mess of threads):smileyfrustrated:

So.. I was auto migrated this morning. The only plus side is that LL moved my listings to listings folder for me. However this is not worth the nightmare of the entire VMM... thing. :smileymad:

Question... Am I not able to create "Parent Folders" in the Marketplace Listings Folder? Someone PLEASE tell me this is not true. :smileysurprised:

What do I mean? I have clothing outfits.. which offer MANY color choices for separate purchase. My original inventory was set up to have a parent folder of the outfits and then within that the sub folders of color choices. Without parent folders in the new marketplace listing folder its just a huge mess of every single listing. Do I really have to scroll through every item in order to get to the listing I need? :smileysad:

Not to mention the fact that I'm forced to use this new SL viewer which.. sorry im bluntly honest.. is pure crap! It's completely different then all other versions and my beloved Firestorm. Toolbar buttons that I use for my business like Chat logs and Teleport history is no longer available? but stupid twitter is?? And my profile has gone from a cute bubble profile to a crappy ugly website layout with extra steps just to view certain things and just omg LL really?? There is soooo much wrong with the new SL viewer that I'm FORCED to use that I could go on forever.. Rant Over.:matte-motes-evil:

Could someone that has been using the VMM for a while let me know if there is an option to create a Parent Folder for each Item to hold each buying option. TIA!:smileywink:

Update..

I though maybe I found away around this.. In firestorm I am able to create Parent Folders for the Marketplace Listings. However I tested this out using two oufits and once placed in the Parent Folder.. LL no longer sends the item to the purchaser. It doesn't seem to link up. So in removing the parent folders the items now deliver as normal. So just incase anyone else thinks to try that.. don't.. It doesn't work. :matte-motes-not-entertained:

The way i understand that you are trying to do the parent folder thing doesnt work.

You can no longer have a parent folder with various color options inside. each color has to have its own parent folder as you can only activate ONE of the child folders.

You can still create the listings in Firestorm and i've been doing that exact thing for past 3 months. For example you now need folder heirachy to read as:

Dress Red

• Dress Red to sell

Dress Blue        

• Dress Blue to sell  

Instead of:

Dress

• Dress Red
  • Dress Blue

Hunnihope is right.

A parent folder is not the main tittle of an outfit that you will have in several colors.

A parent folder is THE item folder. The version folder that you will have inside is the current version of this precise item. 

If you want to update it one day, let's say you want to update a top, or you want to add an applier, or just change your LM, you just have to change the thing u want to add or replace in the version folder. 

But you can also want to sell an improved version for one week for a special occasion. (let's say your outfit will come with handbag as a bonus for xmas period, and the top will have "happy Xmas " printed on the front). In that case, as you want to make this offer each xmas, you just have to drag the improved version folder in your parent folder and make that one active. After your week of promotion you can put the other back to active, and you may keep the xmas version there (unactive) for the next xmas.

Why could this be useful.. idk... i dont see any use for myself, but well.... maybe some merchants will be happy to use this possibility.

That said, you still can add a parent folder. There is a symbol "+" at the bottom . click it and it will create a new folder that you ll have to rename.

But in any case dont put your several colors in the same parent, bec only one will be able to be active.

A Parent Folder is any Main Folder that holds Sub folders inside. There is no reason that LL cannot identify the item listed within a Parent folder so that the Marketplace Listing inventory is better organized.

As I've stated above I have tested it using firestorm and know it does not work. I know how to do everything else but really think the language between the MP and our inventory should allow for parent folders that still recognize the listed item.

I am not the only one with hundreds upon hundreds of items listed and having to scroll through this massive list just to edit or update an item can be horrendous.

The VMM is still in beta so hopefully LL will work on it and create a more organized MP Listing Inventory.

yes, but it looks like LL has not the same definition for "version" than many of us.

Like you, i would call the different colors of an item "versions" or at least "colors version", but LL doesnt.

For them a version is more like "special version", or "seasonal version", or whatever else, but 2 versions of the same item cant be sold at the same time.

Kralus wrote:

A Parent Folder is any Main Folder that holds Sub folders inside. There is no reason that LL cannot identify the item listed within a Parent folder so that the Marketplace Listing inventory is better organized.

As I've stated above I have tested it using firestorm and know it does not work. I know how to do everything else but really think the language between the MP and our inventory should allow for parent folders that still recognize the listed item.

I am not the only one with hundreds upon hundreds of items listed and having to scroll through this massive list just to edit or update an item can be horrendous.

The VMM is still in beta so hopefully LL will work on it and create a more organized MP Listing Inventory.

A few early beta testers have been begging for version folders. LL thought this was a good idea and decided to honor it.

The rest of the merchants community was never asked a thing about the way they organise their inventory for sales purpose. With Direct Delivery it was easy, you only had to drag the actual product folders to the merchant outbox. LL didn't interfered with your inventory, you simply could choose the best organisation system for your for your specific situation.

With VMM the only way to keep best organisation system for you is to have a double inventory. One that is organised in a way that suits you best, and one that structured around this ridiculous version folder system, with all items mixed up in a single endless list of products.

I think the version folder idea is 'just in case you change your mind and want to go back to the old one'. I think I saw that explanation somewhere. If I change my mind I would have a copy of the old product in my inventory somewhere. It seems like little gain for a lot of inconvenience to most people. When I update an item I replace it or add it to the one version folder - I don't bother with different versions. Or I'll name the actual item v1.2 or whatever.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.