Marketplace Store's Banner Does Not Render Correctly

Booj Kegel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just uploaded a new banner and thumbnail image for my marketplace store, and neither will load as intended. They both just end up having a black box over where the text should be placed. This is what the banner should look like, for example:Felso Banner.jpg

Then this is what it shows up as on marketplace: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/104695

Has anyone had a similar experience or could anyone offer me any help in resolving this?

Then I'd say it's time to check you have the latest video drivers, double check .. gosh .. stuff that doesn't seem related.

And yeah, reboot after a full power off. That's just a totally unusual and (to me at least) never before seen visual effect. I'm baffled.

I just knew you were gonna say that ....

Try saving to a different file format, color depth .. change something basement-level basic about the image and try again. If all else fails, send me a private message through here and I'll give you my email address to send me a copy. Maybe I can pull it apart and figure out what's up.

But chances are good that it's something really blatantly obvious (like trying to use a GIF .. I don't think those work). Keep us posted.

Maybe if someone else is looking at this, they can tell me what they see when they look at my store.

Darrius, I am on Mac OSX Yosemite 10.10.4 and Chrome. Im pretty sure that isnt the problem now, though anyway. I'll take you up on that offer of help. I'll send you my files - if you have a few seconds to check them out? I re-updated and re-uploaded them with the same results. So, I'm stumped.

ThumbsUp.png

Now we just need to find someone that knows Photoshop well enough to explain where the proper knobs are. (I used my old old OLD graphics program to strip the Mask Layer from the image files.)

Any volunteers willing to repeat for prosperity's sake how to go about the process properly?

I'm not certain why you were saving this as a PNG at all? I mean I just saw Darrius ask for someone who knows Photoshop, and I appear. I usually avoid the Merchants forum.

Marketplace auto-converts to a JPG (JPG is still considered substantially more web-friendly than PNG), so just save it as that and you're fine. It's either the conversion process or your local machine's handling of PNG-alpha that's causing this, without a clean copy of the original image it's not possible to say which. Sorry if I've missed some important info, I read pretty fast.

For reference I see the banner image okay, at time of posting. I'm using a derivative of Chromium on Windows 7 64-bit.

Photoshop's format setting can be found in Save As (Ctrl+Shift+S), while PNG/JPG settings are shown after clicking Save to a new file. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.