My bank account says I payed $1 for Linden Lab. I get no lindens in return what so ever.

RosetteYoung

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I tried buying Lindens at the Linden lab and always end up with the message "A temporary error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again in a few minutes.

Please try again.

Please contact Second Life Support if you see this error more than once."

But I checked through my bank account it says that $1 was withdrawled for Linden Lab. I entered my info 2 times and now I have $2 off my account. Yet no Lindens. What's going on?

Update: I spent $10.39 trying to buy Lindens, but the same message appears. And now $1 more dollar was withdrawn from my account

4 answers to this question

Amelia is not quite correct.  The minimum Linden Dollar purchase is $2.50 USD.  However, the minimum amount you can SELL is $10.00 USD worth.

I do not recommend making a minimum purchase.  LL charges a fixed fee for every purchase and if you only buy a small amount of $L, this fee is a larger percentage of the transaction.  I recommend buying at least $20 USD worth at a time.

BUT!

The problem you are having is not related to the above.  The problem is that your payment method is not one that is accepted by LL. When you register a card as a payment method, LL makes a $1 charge to the card to verify that the account is valid.  This charge will be reversed, you will not actually be charged anything.  But if you look at your balance right away, you may see this $1 temporary charge.

When LL tells you "there was a problem" they mean that your card did not work, your credit card company denied the charge, or (most likely) the card is a debit or a prepaid card that LL does not accept.  See here for a list of accepted payment methods:  https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Billing/ta-p/700037#Section_.3

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.