Need help with avatar looking messed up

JamesLee Magic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My friend has this weird problem.  Its only on her computer.  She bought this new shape and skin and see's this most of the time.     Sometimes it goes away but most of the time its how she shes her av.   For me and everyone esle, we see it normally.

Any ideas?

Snapshot_002.jpg

JamesLee Magic wrote:

My friend has this weird problem.  Its only on her computer. 

Any ideas? 

I looks like she's wearing a mesh head.

My guess would be that she hasn't got some of her settings active in her graphics preferences.

She'll probably need have at least 'Basics Shaders' and 'Hardware Skinning' active.

OR:

If it's not that then it could be she's wearing two different heads at the same time. If either or both of them uses alpha blending textures then that also might account for why she only says it like that some of the time - caused by what is commonly called 'the alpha glitch'.

I have this mesh head. It needs graphics above medium to show up correctly. The darker parts is a glitch in the multiple transparent mesh parts that moves with expressions. These part also responds to the HUD that changes makeup.  So when I go on lower graphics, I see glitches. It also happen in some windlight settings, and under water.

Her solution is to increase the graphic levels a bit over medium and push the LOD slider all the way up. If it is hard for her computer, turn down draw distance. It should not be necessary to have it on high or ultra with lightning and shadows on, but Basic shaders must be on. If Lightning and shadows are on and the pull down option is set to "none", there will be glitches. The lightning and shadows must be either on or off.

She should change windlight to Nams skin and prim if she is on Firestorm. It is some better setting in the official viewer too, but I am not sure what it is called. Something with photography? 

Maybe she has too low graphics to see attached lights? This head comes with a facelight and while I don't like facelights, it can be a help in situations like this. There are softer facelights than the one that comes with this mesh head from Snow Rabbit. I can recommend the free facelight that she can pick up in the skin section of League Mainstore.

Ok finally - there is an option in the HUD so she can set the head to fullbright. This should nuke all the glitches even with low graphics. But this is the last solution to try, because the head will look like it is glowing at night.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.