Flickering issues with rigged mesh eyelids

Psistorm Voxel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This one's a weird one, because I solved it once before, but can no longer reproduce the solution.

Essentially, i have a full mesh avatar. Rigged to both the collision bones (HAND, CHEST, etc) as well as some of the m* bones (such as mSkull for animated jaw motion). It features joint offsets (for eye and jaw positions), and uses diffuse, normal and specular maps once inworld.

My problem is this: whenever I edit the transparencies via script (llSetAlpha) for say, an eyeblink or posing the fingers, every rigged mesh piece worn at this moment flickers every time that alpha function is called. Which, of course, looks hideous.

The strange thing is, I've made a full mesh / materials avatar before, and this one doesn't flicker when it plays its eyeblink. I looked at the old files, and from what I can tell, the rigging methods are identical, as is the genreal setup of texture maps used. So this has left me stumped. Has anyone run into similar issues at all?  Any pointers are welcome~

Without seeing the script, I'd have to put the blame there. I rig eyelids for blinking all the time and I don't see this flickering. If you want to use my script, I'll gladly give it. Note, not a scriptor here. To me, it's a miracle that any of my script work, hence why I try to pay coders when possible, lol.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.