How do I get my RL pic into my profile in Viewer 2?

Mecha Innis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Each time that I try to upload my RL pic to my profile in Viewer 2, the pic does not show although I press the save button.  Does anyone know the solution?

Also, I sometimes have a problem with sim land textures loading when I just log on or when I TP to different locations.   When this happens, the land remains grey and I have to clear my cache and re-log for the land texture to load.  I didn't have this problem with the old viewer.  Does anyone have a solution for this as well?

MS

I have not been able to do this either, in Viewer 2.  However, it's a piece of cake if you use a Viewer 1 based viewer such as Phoenix.  In Viewer 1, after you've uploaded the picture you want to use and found it in your inventory, simply open your profile (either from the Edit menu: Edit>>Profile, the pie menu: right click on your avatar and select Profile), click on the tab "1st Life" and drag the picture from your inventory onto the little box where the picture will appear.  It should show up there in a couple of seconds.  Then, click OK.  This is important.  If you don't click OK, your change will not be saved and you'll wonder why.

Well... I noticed there is now 2 profiles. One is SL profile and another is web profile. I removed my picture and can't get any new pic to my SL profile anymore. Only web profile works, so peoples see me as grey blank icon on their friendlists. I'm on 2.5.2.

Those web profiles are annoying already. Why they made them.. who has need? Old system works much better and faster you saw all necessary info on the sidebar.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.