Sign in to follow this  
Paulinha Blanco

SL TIME

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Paulinha Blanco wrote:

...because in Portugal (where im from) the time didnt change...

I'm from Spain and I'm not sure about Portugal. But AFAIK in Portugall (as in all Europe) there are Winter Time and Summer Time, the time change :) It's the same in EE.UU (but in other date than in Europe).

EDIT FOR ADD: if you are so inclined, you can vote requesting the use in SL of UTC/GMT --> https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-1385

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

Paulinha Blanco wrote:

...because in Portugal (where im from) the time didnt change...

I'm from Spain and I'm not sure about Portugal. But AFAIK in Portugall (as in all Europe) there are Winter Time and Summer Time, the time change :) It's the same in EE.UU (but in other date than in Europe).

EDIT FOR ADD: if you are so inclined, you can vote requesting the use in SL of UTC/GMT --> https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-1385

• Like 1

Second Life is based in San Francisco California and California uses Daylight Savings Time. When Daylight Savings time starts  everyone changes there clock one hour ahead. This happened on March 13. It is common knowledge in America but I guess sometimes people forget that Second Life is an international community. Sorry about that. :smileysad:

• Like 2

LL did not change the time, the time changed according to the daylight saving time calendar. 

@Irene, I vote 1,000 X's NO on using UTC/GMT! I am in California and SL time is just fine the way it is so don't touch it! :P

Spring ahead and Fall back.

Of all the detectable's the detector's can detect, detecting the time should be detectable.

SL time is american time they get their summer time or to them Daylight Savings Time a couple of weeks before the UK/Europe does so there will be an hours less difference between us and america until the end of march

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.