The resident who provided the previous content, if any, has replaced it with this generic statement.

Qwalyphi Korpov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

• Hands up if you know the difference between the Questions area and the forum for feedback about the Questions area.

If that is your question, yes, I know the diffrence between this forum for Community Platform feedback and the Questions & Answers section of the platform. Do you need an explanation?

Yes, it would be nice if the forums were nice and tidy and everyone always posted in exactly the right place, just like it would be great if everyone that asked a question bothered to come back and mark it as "answered" or didn`t create 3 threads for the same question or a new thread for each of their followup posts or didn`t start a thread that just said "Helppppp I can`t login" or post their question at the bottom of some month old thread instead of starting their own lol

The solution is "No Chance"!!! :smileyvery-happy:

With the combination of residents from a multitude of countries all speaking different languages with different levels of computer / internet experience & literacy, I think if they manage to post their question at all and get an answer that is a result, does it really matter if they didn`t do it in exactly the right way?

Even in the former GD forum, people would often post questions that should have been posted in the SLA forum.  However, it was no big deal because there were always people willing to help no matter where the question was posed.  Same thing is happening here.  Sure, it would be nice and neat if people posted their questions in the Answers area, but life is not 'neat', not even a second life.

You are correct that it happens and I think most responses agreed that it would be nice if it didn`t. As with the pigeons in the park, if they were pooping all over the statues and causing damage & expense to clean up after them & it may be cost & time effective to hire someone to stop people feeding them.

I wouldn`t say there was NO solution to the issue, it is just a matter of whether or not the effect of the problem warrants a drastic solution. For example a system such as the support ticket one, would probably help, where someone posting a thread goes through a series of dropdown options to make sure their post ends up in the right place.

Is the problem bad enough to require that? Or is it ok as it is now with a mod moving stuff around now & then? It would appear most replies would indicate the latter.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

That all sounds very reasonable.   I would add this though.

Most people would agree that it's not too drastic to gently remind people that -

This forum is for Community Platform feedback, right?

That does happen quite often on Answers, when people post what it is obviously a "discussion" not a question, they get suggestions to post in the forum instead.

On the old forum we all had the ability to move our threads if they were misposted, I haven`t noticed that on this site (though I stand corrected if it is already there somewhere), so the result will be that they end up posted in both places instead of moved, unless the mods move them.

Maybe adding the ability for posters to move their threads would be a good improvement to suggest :)

• 2 months later...

The simplest solution that would solve most problems is to close the bloody-awful Answers section and just have Forums.  That way all the confusion goes away.  No-one actually liked SLA when it was introduced in that jive-arse rubbish.  Re-creating it here with the worlds worst interface (unlike the rest of Lithium, which I quite like) doesn't deserve any awards either.

I assume that someone at LL still thinks that once there's a critical mass of questions asked and answered then, as if by magic, it'll become an easy, searchable reference.  Does not happen, did not happen, will not happen.

I like the thought of a catch all type of help forum. But Answers is a mess, even though they are in the process of trying to make it more usable. I think you might have the right idea... just scrapping it and starting over with a forum based Q&A might be the quickest easiest way to fix it. I just don't see that happening.

...Dres

PeterCanessa Oh wrote:

The simplest solution that would solve most problems is to close the bloody-awful Answers section and just have Forums.  That way all the confusion goes away.  No-one actually
liked
SLA when it was introduced in that jive-arse rubbish.  Re-creating it here with the worlds worst interface (unlike the rest of Lithium, which I quite like) doesn't deserve any awards either.

I assume that someone at LL still thinks that once there's a critical mass of questions asked and answered then, as if by magic, it'll become an easy, searchable reference.  Does not happen, did not happen, will not happen.

Totally agree. Applause.

• 2 weeks later...

Peewee Musytari wrote:

Ossian wrote:

I'm not seeing this subforum in the list on the "Forums" page... I'm guessing it's just a matter of time.

Its going to be a link on the side of the page according to Lexie`s post on

Thanks for that, Peewee.

Peewee Musytari wrote:

Woots!! Community Feedback is back!!

Lexie, is Answers being fixed today?

Is it?

Is it?

Huh?

How about tomorow, is Answers being fixed tomorrow?  LOLOL
LMAO.gif

Hahaha!  Not yet.  Hoping for some good news to pass on soon!  :matte-motes-grin:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.