Sign in to follow this  
Roscoest

I cant see avatar on the ground from my skybox

I have a house on a plat form and a club below  and i cant see who is in there  or on the ground when i cam in how do i fix that?

Well... I'm not so sure. Ever since the Interest List work that Andrew did a while back, what can be seen is determined by cam location, not avatar location as before. It's now almost freaky how far away the cam can be displaced from the avatar and still see things -- I've watched my home base from a separate continent, even.[*]

So it's a bit of a mystery what the OP is experiencing... and in their Answer's post they say they "... can no longer cam down and see..." suggesting that it used to work differently from whatever's happening now.

In any case, though, it's also a bit unclear why it's useful to actually see those avatars, as opposed to using a script to update a list of visitors -- much simplified by being reported on the same sim as the data is collected.

[ETA: * I should mention that this extreme remote viewing shouldn't work for long, as I understand it.  Once I've been away from the sim for a few minutes, it should stop sending me updates, and then I shouldn't see other avatars come and go, etc.]

If you are on a parcel which has 'Avatars can see etc' switched off, then anyone above the 70 meter line cannot see avatarts below the 70 meter line and vice versa.