I cant see avatar on the ground from my skybox

Roscoest

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well... I'm not so sure. Ever since the Interest List work that Andrew did a while back, what can be seen is determined by cam location, not avatar location as before. It's now almost freaky how far away the cam can be displaced from the avatar and still see things -- I've watched my home base from a separate continent, even.[*]

So it's a bit of a mystery what the OP is experiencing... and in their Answer's post they say they "... can no longer cam down and see..." suggesting that it used to work differently from whatever's happening now.

In any case, though, it's also a bit unclear why it's useful to actually see those avatars, as opposed to using a script to update a list of visitors -- much simplified by being reported on the same sim as the data is collected.

[ETA: * I should mention that this extreme remote viewing shouldn't work for long, as I understand it.  Once I've been away from the sim for a few minutes, it should stop sending me updates, and then I shouldn't see other avatars come and go, etc.]

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.