I cant see avatar on the ground from my skybox

Roscoest

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

You can only see things within the range of your draw distance.  So if your skybox is at 300m, your draw distance must be set higher to see things on the ground.

The other possiblity if your skybox is on a different lot and you have it set so only people within the parcel it is on can see each other, and the club is on another parcel, people can't see you, but you can't see them either.

• Like 3

If you are using Firestorm viewer do this:

Open the minimap. You will see green dots. Those are the avatars. Then right mouse click one of those dots. A menu pops up. Select "Cam". Now your camera moves down near that avatar and you can see it in close view. The nice things is that as your camera is now down you can hold down ALT-key and scan around to see also the other avatars there.

PS. Your draw distance can be whatever. Even if your platform is at 4000 meters and your draw distance is 100 meters you can see the avatars down below with this method. (The technical explanation why this works is that the draw distance is calculated from the camera's location, not from your avatar's location.)

If you are wondering how to return the camera back to view your avatar just press once the ESC-key.

• Like 1

Besides the other great answers:

Open the People/Nearby window.  Double click on an avatar name.  Even if they are thousands of meters away, your camera will move to them.  (This works in Firestorm; I'm not sure if the stock LL viewer will do it.)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.