Sign in to follow this  
Tamara Artis

Marketplace freebies/dollarbies

How many of you sells 0 or 1L$ items in their marketplace shops and, if you are willing to share, how much traffic do they bring you? Did many people buy them, and in what period of time? I ask because I am around 50 sales short of 10 000 sales for one freebie (only one I made lol) and for me that is big number. 

I have freebies and  sell mostly inexpensive decor photo-prims and textures.  One of the freebies - a modification of someone else's freebie - has over 10,000 deliveries.  My two runners-up have close to 5,000 each.

I can't say how much traffic they bring.  I've had a consistent preoportion of sales to freebies for the last three years. It's about 3 sales for every freebie delivered, where the freebie was not in with something purchased - I have no way of tracking that.

I have two that are close, but not quite. The one I think is just a fluke, lol. It sold a ton within a short time span(less than 4 months) and drifted off after that. It's only relevant to a small niche of people, so I was surprised that many sold at all.

The other, isn't a niche item, and I can't possibly tell you how much traffic it has garnered. It has, however, lead to a TON of very interesting conversations, some new found friends, and a connection to something very important to me. It's also lead me to some jobs in the past that helped pay rl bills, though that's purely a superficial things to say as it's not the motive behind the product at all, it's just a fact :)