Best Viewing Experience with AMD Cards

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What AMD card are you running and what version of the drivers? There are some tweaks within catalyst you can do to crisp things up.   As well as in Firestorm prefs, so let me know your setup.   Any details will help such as processor, RAM, connection speed.   (All of that may not seem like it ties together, but it does ;) )

For the simple answer I'll mirror my settings w/ brief explanations.  I run a AMD R9 280X 4GB edition

1.  Anti-Aliasing

AA Mode -  Override Application Settings (Let your hardware pick apart sampling)

AA Samplies - None

Filter - Edge Detect (Get rid of jagged edges)

AA Method - Supersampling (It's really the best way to AA)

*  note:  Multisample is best for performance, worst on image quality.   Adaptive is middle of the road, tends not to make much of a diff in SL compared to Multi.  Super is best quality, worst performance... You can play around with these.

Morph Filtering - OFF

2.  Texture Filtering 

Anisotropic Filtering Mode = Use app settings

Anisotropic Level = n/a

Texture Filtering Quality = High Quality

Surface Format Optimization = On

Give those a try, like I said they're what I use and use with a pretty swift computer / connection.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Descendant Frakture, thank you SO much! I upgraded to Win10 recently and also upgraded my drivers. I experienced some graphics problems but changed my AMD settings to what you suggested (although not all of them since some weren't there in the AMD settings) and it everything changed to perfection, especially shading and edges! :) *smooch*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.