Sign in to follow this  
LuminousElf

will you be my soul mate.....?

im loyal kind hearted and i feel like im missing sometihng that something  is love i am a male seeking a female 18 or older would be nice 

Find things you like to do in SL, not just clubs, join groups for these things, then go out, meet people and talk to them. It's alot like in RL, but easier. :-)  

Look at profiles and fill out your own. Put at least one good picture of your avatar in your profile, because some people might look at when they can't where you are.

LuminousElf wrote:

hi people tend to just call me Lumi im easy going love many things such as gardening anime and animals and of course second life just looking for a loyal girl i myself am firecly loyal and kind hearted also an Elf 

I think you might really be an elf too :) 

Maybe a loyal fae is what you are looking for.  Best to be inworld looking under mushrooms and ferns and rainbows. 

Have a cute Second Life, but what out for gnomes, I believe some of them can be a little grumpy and territorial. Tee hee.

I met my soulmate at work. I saw her standing there, walked up to her and said, "wow i just lost the corner on cute".

For me it was love at first sight. She was new and wasn't sure about partnering, but i asured her partnering wouldn't limit her Second Life, it would enhance it.

We've been together a year and a half now, as much in love as ever,  and hope to be together till the end of Second Life.

:)

You can't force it.

You still have not filled out your profile .. no text, no pic .. nothing ! No one knows who you are, what you are and what you are interested at

Conall DeCuir wrote:

You can't force it.

You still have not filled out your profile .. no text, no pic .. nothing ! No one knows who you are, what you are and what you are interested at

or even if they are male or female...

LuminousElf wrote:

still very single 

Not shocked! Time for some reality.

The Internet isn't a place that can magically make people seem fun, interesting and diverse. People who often exhibit introverted traits are no better off online.

You could work on your inter-personal skills and how you present yourself, which takes time but genuinely increases your marketable value. Remember that if you're intending to participate in monogamy then you are playing competitively - against others - for someone's attention. If you intend to keep their attention, you should be the best at maintaining their interest.

Remember that other people do not owe you anything. Ever. The only reason people enter into relationships at all is for mutual benefit, and the only person you can blame for still being single is yourself. Seeing other human beings as tools to complete a dream experience or fantasy is insulting, and valuing someone only because they stop you from being depressingly alone is weak and unattractive. If you want to become a "catch", you should work - hard - on emphasising the ways that you are willing to mutually cooperate with someone else in order to make a coupling that is greater than the sum of its parts. Relationships take at least two people, and all you've written in this thread is how much you want a relationship, to fulfill your needs. You've never once talked about why anyone should want you.

You could also avoid seeing your significant-other-of-choice as a "soul mate", this is a lot of pressure for anyone to live up to. Very few people will want this kind of pressure at the out-set of a relationship, because no-one knows how things will work out. Feeling like you're ruining someone's dream relationship simply by being a normal human being (who can't live up to dream-standards) is no fun.

Hope things get better. :)

Attention, interest and appreciation are the sort of things that you often get by giving. You might get more of those things by being dangerous, but it's not the same thing. And so your advice to work hard on marketability is spot on. A beneficial side effect of that is improvement in self-image. It's easier to market a product you believe in.

And, before I can get behind the idea of being someone's soul-mate, I have to get behind the idea of having a soul. That ain't happening.

;-).

LuminousElf wrote:

so many smart people its unreal 

Well, we might be succumbing to the Dunning-Kruger effect. Does that make us seem more real? I'd probably never voice my opinion if I was immune to it.

I'm also still single, so salt my opinions to taste.

;-).

LuminousElf wrote:

so many smart people its unreal 

When you are really stupid, everybody looks smart by comparison; even though you have no basis for comparison.

Alec - explaining difficult concepts in incomprehensible ways