What do you do in SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3184 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been lazing about on Second life for 11 years, and never found my SL 'home'. Perhaps because it's hard to find a steady group of friends, perhaps I'm just missing some of the biggest fun spots. In any case, I'm curious to what others are doing, and felt like some casual chatting with other SLers.

So, what does everyone else do in Second life? :)

shadow Tyne wrote:

So, what does everyone else do in Second life?
:)

I spend most of my time in world with someone I knew in RL first.  I probably do the same things a lot of people do.  You know, chatting with my girl friend, go on hunts together, take her shopping, dress her up and go out where our friends are, call her names in front of them, make her kiss my butt (literally) every time I stand up, take her home, tie her up, throw her on the floor, stand on her hair and whip her body with a fishing rod until she's a bloody mess.  Other nights we'll go dancing to '40s swing tunes.  Then just before we log off we always put on pajamas and go to bed.

of the time I allow to SecondLife....

In-World

70% of my time is spent DJing [including arranging sets and organizing music] and talking about the music I play with friends and Venue VIPs

20% of my time is spent managing my islands and taking care of my tenants needs.

10-30% overlapping time is spend shopping and playing with my VKC puppy and chatting outside of my gigs.

Out of World

90% of my time is spent working on the SL Answers Help Desk and the various SL Community Forums.

10% is spent looking at creations on the SL MarketPlace.

Let's see...

I used to go to school (but it's summer holidays right now). I'm also in Scouts, and we go hiking and are gonna start camping and working on badged soon. I played soccer at school and tried to get into baseball. I spend a lot of time with my family, but I also hang out with friends too. And shop, 'cause it's a fun challenge to find kid's stores that aren't for babies. I sometimes watch movies too, and I go to a lot of amusement parks.

SL is a sandbox, so you really have to find stuff to do and think about what you wanna to to keep busy. When I play my alt, I'm really bored because I haven't really figured out what I wanna do. TPing around looking for people to talk to isn't really working for him. You gotta be proactive.

I've been in SL for 8 years until last week never joined a good active RP sim.  Some times I had looked, but ether the rules seamed intimidating, and I did not  feel like dealing with them while just exploring, or on one was around.   Then I found the Amazon River sims it's a great RP place with 8 sims, lots to do and explore, and lots of great people to meet, and RP with all the time. 

The Amazon is using experience tool so its really nice to be able to show up the first time, and automatically get the hud. As long as your not some guy just running around asking every hot half naked native girl in sight for sex with bad pickup lines and no RP it's easy to meet people and make friends there.  it's an adult sim with lots of that going on, but there's so so   much MORE to it. 

Best place in SL I've found I rarely leave it now, but if your just lazing around don't expect people to make it fun for you, like any thing it takes some effort.  Best way to beat boredom is to get involved.

I am in a mermaid group and own a couple of boats, so I spend a lot of time out on (or under) the Blake Sea. I also rent an island off of Blakes, and that is where I hang out when I want to relax. I go shopping (probably way too often), spend time at some of the beaches, and go to my favorite clubs (Fogbound and The River). I also spend time at both Social Island 1 and Degrand infohub, because most of my inworld friends hang out at those places.

I've been here over 8 years.  These days I spend a lot of time clubbing in techno / trance / house music clubs as I like the music and it somehow suits SL, and I enjoy being in nicely designed surroundings.  I think music clubs are something that SL can simulate really well. OK, they often have lag, but in RL they are often overcrowded so it's swings and roundabouts!

I have my own place, Egotherapy Club and I enjoy pottering around there and making new things for it.  I used to make a lot of stuff  and sell some of it but these days I don't sell much and I've run out of ideas.  I also like to make snapshots and produce artwork.  

In general I seek out the happy, funny and beautiful things in SL and avoid the depressing, angry and ugly stuff (unless it happens to be funny too!) 

Richtea57 wrote:

Mostly walk into walls and various other inanimate objects.

Hi Rich. Haven't seen you around much. Got virtual concussion, or did the Brighton wake go on a bit long?

Alec - to remind people that I may not be who you might think I might be, but probably am

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

Out of World

90% of my time is spent working on the SL Answers Help Desk and the various SL Community Forums.

10% is spent looking at creations on the SL MarketPlace.

That cutting and pasting sure takes a lot of effort then.

But when do you eat sleep and use the lavatory?

Alec - to be original myself; and so do all the rest of me

I dont know about all of the nice things that some others do in second life but In-world I take up my time as an exotic dancer or just an exotic person in general, I chat for like... ever .. lol.. I also do roleplaying most often!! I adore roleplay.. back in 2007 I got into roleplaying on secondlife and never stopped. 

I teach roleplaying for those who are interested, I teach dancing in secondlife aswell and others things related to that.. 

Outside of secondlife, things I do related to secondlife are usually revolved around creation. I have a place on the marketplace where I sell some things and resales here and there, and a few creations I make myself from time to time. Right now I am getting into mesh body clothing creations, and once I find out how to do that I am going to be up for nights on end creating things. I am an artist and thats just what I do. 

Other than that If im not roleplaying or whatever.. I just go to a nice place and sit there forever and watch other avatars walk by.. more peaceful than you think!

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been on Sl much in recent weeks due to work travel, RL family summer activities, etc.

When I do get on SL most of my time is spent on my hobby, making clothes, particularly lingerie. I also like to make tops, skirts, etc. I draw them in GIMP and up load them. I spend some time showing them and discussing clothes and clothes making with friends, some of whom I know in RL, some I know only on SL.

I also participate in discussions about current events and my profession (law). These are usually impromptu when someone IMs or emails others to join them at a particular location and time.

I also attend SL worship services at a church on Sunday and some weekday afternoons.

You are a great DJ Karen  :D

I dont get enough time in sl yet. Usually Im relaxing on my island, chatting to friends or fitting clothes. I like exploring places and taking photos and sometimes entering competitions. 

Recently,  I bought a boat and have named her and given her a paint job and re-covered the cushions in the cabin. Now I need time to learn to sail .....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3184 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.