So I joined a group for 500L only to get kicked out of it, do I have any recourse?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

No. (as per the Terms of Service regarding resident to residents disputes. You agreed to them when you joined.)

1.4 Linden Lab is a service provider and is not responsible or liable for the Content, conduct, or services of users or third parties.

You acknowledge that you will be exposed to various aspects of the Service involving the conduct, Content, and services of users, and that Linden Lab does not control and is not responsible or liable for the quality, safety, legality, truthfulness or accuracy of any such user conduct, User Content or user services. You acknowledge that Linden Lab does not guarantee the accuracy of information submitted by any user of the Service, nor any identity information about any user. Your interactions with other users and your use of User Content are entirely at your own risk. Linden Lab has no obligation to become involved in any dispute that you may have or claim to have with one or more users of the Service, or in any manner in any resolution thereof.

Which - of course - is a disgrace.

I strongly suspect LL have been taken to court on a number of occasions with their flimsy 'ooh err, you're on your own, we're only here to take the money' approach to SL.  Alas, the disappearance of Pixaleen Mistal and the Alphaville Herald has allowed LL to come up with any old bollocks, as you have discovered to your cost.

To the OP....why not ask the sudden appearance of Ebbe and his minions in the thread below - while it lasts, lol ! - about their legal twists and high jinks when it comes to 'getting stuffed' as you have been?

In this particular case I don't feel it would be reasonable for LL to be involved over $2 between two residents.  It would make LL worse than a school playground with constant whining to "teacher". 

However, there are definitely areas where LL do allow what can only constitute fraudulent activity and from which LL profit, such as selling empty boxes on Marketplace or other L$ fraud issues.

Always remember though that LL treat SL like a game now and nobody needs to play so it is always a conscious opt in to their game.  Don't like the rules about playing with their ball?  walk away.

"I got kicked out for no reason" - yes that's what they all say including the last one I kicked.

So why you post your side of the story here? Without the other side of the story its worthless. And even then  - only LL can check it. SL is not RL. It's a game (kind of). There are zero laws - besides LL's law (TOS) but that doesn't include residents disputes.

From time to time someone posts that LL should get involved.
Do you know how many people they need to work the cases of all this whining residents? And once a case is closed they will piss of someone - everytime on every case.
I can imagine that LL will not do anything and will never do.

Don't join groups that cost 500L? Whatever happened, whoever is right, maybe you learned something. For me, a group has to be really something for me to pay 500L for it. Heck, I barely spend that much on anything inworld. I'd be mad if I got kicked too, but I probably never would have joined one that costs that much in the first place.

I've paid for groups, skin in particular, that I've gotten a monthly free gift of a skin. One even has a box out with all the past group gifts, a 4000L+ value. Depends on whether you consider it worth it to you. Some charge a nominal fee, 10L or so, to discourage spammers. Some you get a discounts when you wear your group tag when you make a purchase. Some you get store credit with. Just depends on what's worth it to you.

As for the guy getting kicked out...he might want to check his chat log, if he saves them, and see if his account was phished and used to spam the group. He could ask with a notecard, nicely, why he was kicked out...something like....I was removed from the group you own and I'm trying to find out why, especially if my account was used to spam the group with an advertisement. If this is what happened, please let me know so I can let Linden Labs know that my account was phished. Thank you...then your name..

I would change my password and make sure nothing is missing. You can go to your dashboard and check your transaction history for the last month and see if there is anything there and change your password as well.

Generally, when someone is kicked from a group they've paid for, that's the explanation.

• 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.