Korralin

I keep getting this You can't exchange currency. Please click here for more information

Question

Hello there I am having an issue when I try to buy liden dollars I get this

You can't exchange currency. Please click here for more information.

Now I did set up a card, and yet I still cannot buy any Linden Dollars despite not buying any yet, can someone help?

10 answers to this question

These are the only cards that LL accepts.  They generally don't take prepaid cards either.  If your card is accepted by LL then you need to call billing.

You may use the following payment methods with Second Life:

• Visa
  • American Express
  • MasterCard
  • Delta Online (non-U.S. Residents only)
  • JCB
  • Diners Club
  • Discover (U.S. Residents only)
  • Visa Electron (non-U.S. Residents only)
  • PayPal
  • Skrill

The currencies accepted for payment include:

• CAD, AUD, JPY, EUR, GBP for non-U.S. Residents, and
    • USD for U.S. Residents

If your card is accepted by LL then you need to call billing. We are only volunteer residents here no Lindens read this. We have no access to your account records.

Billing support phone numbers:
Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long-Distance
The Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Local Toll-Free numbers

France: 0805.101.490
Germany: 0800.664.5510
Japan: 0066.33.132.830
Portugal: 800.814.450
Spain: 800.300.560
UK: 0800.048.4646
Support is in English Only

If you cannot use one of these phone numbers contact Live Chat if you are a premium member or file a support ticket

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

Not sure why you posted

in a 2015 thread...... O.o

If you have only just now started buying $L, you will be limited to $30 USD per month for the first few days.  This limit will increase quickly, be patient.

19 hours ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

Not sure why you posted the same information three times. It also doesn't explain why people get this message when they have the correct payment method that is accepted. I am having this issue right now, in my main account as well as my alternate account I just made. It's the same card I have been using to make previous purchases so it just doesn't make any sense. By the way, you should fix your typing error. You are saying if it is accepted, contact billing. lol

Rather than starting your own thread to ask about your problem, you decide to resurrect a 3 year old thread and berate someone for their prior reply.   Can't say as that will encourage many to jump right in to help you.

4 minutes ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

To me, a thread is a thread. If a moderator didn't want anyone replying to old threads, they would close it, just like they do for other websites. I believe I have seen that done on here but I am not sure. I was not berating, I was joking. You seem to be a negative person to assume the worst of others. 

I just like to respond to threads already created. It takes out the awkward feeling to make sure I put a title that people will click on. I don't like to be in the spotlight like that. It's hard to explain.But I shouldnt be attacked for replying. Either you want to help or you dont. Stating a thread is old does not help the person. 

Not surprisingly, all forums are not created equal, and not all are moderated by large numbers of staff with a lot of time on their hands.  It's also true that not all old threads contain unreliable information.  Figuring out which ones do is a tricky business, which means that moderating them to decide which to close could be time-consuming and might create more problems that it's worth.  In point of fact, SL moderators very rarely close threads.  When they do, it's usually because a conversation has gone completely off the rails, violating community standards for civility.  I have never known a thread to be closed because it contains stale information.

For reasons that no one probably understands, the SL forums -- certainly the Answers forum -- have evolved  over the years to depend heavily on the collective expertise of residents like me (and Lindal, LittleMe, Alwin, Maddy, Nalates and others in a changing cast of characters), many of whom have been in SL for a decade or more.  We often have more practical experience with SL than the forum moderators, and we have the freedom to offer advice that might not be "company-sanctioned." That's why you will rarely see a Linden posting here. We also occasionally respond in ways that a paid moderator might be scolded for -- teasing, joking, or making sarcastic observations.  After 11+ years of doing this myself, I've found that it's easy to rub some people the wrong way with off-the-wall comments, so I try to avoid them unless I'm responding to someone I know.  So do almost all the "regulars" here, but we've all occasionally said something that got someone's back up. It's almost never deliberate, though. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

... That's why you will rarely see a Linden posting here. We also occasionally respond in ways that a paid moderator might be scolded for -- teasing, joking, or making sarcastic observations.  After 11+ years of doing this myself, I've found that it's easy to rub some people the wrong way with off-the-wall comments, so I try to avoid them unless I'm responding to someone I know.  So do almost all the "regulars" here, but we've all occasionally said something that got someone's back up. It's almost never deliberate, though. 

/me racks her brain for something to say that would get Rolig's back up, and comes up empty.

• Haha 2

I finally got a reply back from staff. Yes, debit cards are accepted. I copied part of the email where she states this,

"

In general, Second Life accepts credit cards, debit cards, PayPal and Skrill. For more information regarding the specific payment methods accepted in your country, please view our Knowledge Base article here:

Best Regards, 

Evie Linden
Second Life Support
Linden Lab

Sincerely,
Second Life Support Team"

I'd also like to add that I am currently waiting on a reply after I saw a reply to this acct to answer a security question so that I can purchase Lindens with the same debit card on my alt. Glad to know that I can do that instead of listening to a resident who states I can't use my card on a new acct.

Edited by Kytteh Wytchwood
problem almost solved - adding this info

I was finally able to purchase Lindens in this account tonight but it won't let me in my new acct, which is over 2 weeks old. Makes no sense.

To me, a thread is a thread. If a moderator didn't want anyone replying to old threads, they would close it, just like they do for other websites. I believe I have seen that done on here but I am not sure. I was not berating, I was joking. You seem to be a negative person to assume the worst of others. 

I just like to respond to threads already created. It takes out the awkward feeling to make sure I put a title that people will click on. I don't like to be in the spotlight like that. It's hard to explain.But I shouldnt be attacked for replying. Either you want to help or you dont. Stating a thread is old does not help the person. 

Posted (edited)

Not sure why you posted the same information three times. It also doesn't explain why people get this message when they have the correct payment method that is accepted. I am having this issue right now, in my main account as well as my alternate account I just made. It's the same card I have been using to make previous purchases so it just doesn't make any sense. By the way, you should fix your typing error. You are saying if it is accepted, contact billing. lol

Edited by Kytteh Wytchwood