Viewer-Managed Marketplace Released: Migration Begins July 23, 2015

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is precisely the reason why i took 2 half days on my already busy schedule for doing the migration myself.

There is no way i let a team who already displayed their skills for messing things, doing the migration of my store if i m given the possibility to do the migration myself.

Now i cross my finger for they dont mess it anyway. Last time when we migrated to the DD system, i did also the migration myself, but they ve managed anyway to find a way to mess my pics and so ive been left with ugly pics on some of my listings for about 13 monthes with zero ability to fix it myself. 

So well, i hope, they will refrain to touch to the stores already migrated this time.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know what this means? When I try to activate some of my folders I'm trying to list online it gives me this message. Also those certain products/ gacha re-sells aren't showing up on my mange listings either even when I create listings for them, what could be the problem?

Message I'm receiving below.

The transaction with the Marketplace failed with the following error: Reason: Unprocessable Entity ["Name can't be blank"]

Will we still be able to upload the pictures for our listings from our computers, or do I have to upload them into my SL inventory?  

Also, do I need to keep separate copies of my items in my inventory, or does the VMM folder allow the items to be copied back to inventory if needed? (for in-world sales/displays, etc.)

Now I wish I had waited to open my marketplace store.  *sigh*

Hi everyone :)

So here we are, the VMM is activated to my account and I am very excited because I truly beleive it is a major improvement. I changed some things in existing folders and it worked just fine. The issues start when I want to create a new listing. I follow the English knowledge base of the VMM and here are step by step the problems I encounter :

Infos :

• I use the Second Life 3.8.1 (303130) Jun 30 2015 16:26:17 (Second Life Release) version that sounds to be latest official.
  • I received the mail that says my MP has been migrated.

1.Open the Marketplace Listings window in the Second Life Viewer by choosing Me > Marketplace listings from the top menu bar.

When I do this there is no Marketplace Listings window in the developed menu Me. So right I opened the inventory clicking its side button and found the Marketplace Listings window.

2.Open your Inventory window by choosing Me > Inventory from the top menu bar.

So of course here I opened a new window from the wheel... in order to have a window with my inventory and one with the Marketplace Linstings window.

3. Drag your product from the Inventory window to the section of the Marketplace Listings window labeled Drop folders here to create new listings. It now appears under the Unassociated tab.

Here I have no Drop folders here to create new listings section...

I droped manually the new listing folder in the VMM and reload the MarketPlace manage listing page in order to see if it could work that way but not. I also tried to drop the folder in the Merchant Outbox (that still exists) but it returns me errors (an it doesn't tell me which ones).

Please help !

Thank you and have a good rest of the day :)

Pierre Ceriano, for Le Comptoir des Tissus

Pierre,

i think u must download this viewer : http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Release/3.8.2.303583

this is the one that has been released for VMM and it works.

you will find the VMM in the me menu, then u open it and copy your folders in the VMM window or just move them there. There will create the parent folder themselves and inside those ones you will find the "version folders" with your items inside.

Merci beaucoup Trinity !

I did it and it worked fine. Maybe if I may be allowed to give the LL team a humble piece of advice :

please put the link of the download links for the 3.8 viewer at the top of the knowledge base page because, for my part and for any reason, the wiki link from the mail you sent me did not opened while the one to the knowledge base did...

Thanks again and hats off for this major and brillant improvement the VMM is :)

Comptoirdestissus wrote:

Merci beaucoup Trinity !

I did it and it worked fine. Maybe if I may be allowed to give the LL team a humble piece of advice :

Others among us feel that the more humble advice to LL would be:-

"Do NOT force your customers to have to use an UNRELEASED final viewer, just because your own back end issues have caused a rushed migration."

A failure to perform on your part, should not constitute a crisis on ours!

I shall not touch VMM until a viewer of my preferred choice is available to me.

My assistant evidently discovered a problem:  when you update something (which I do virtually every day) the date assigned to the listing does not update.  It stays the same. This is not good. 

ETS  Here is the JIRA  https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VMM-105

There are a bunch of pretty hair-raising other JIRAs re VMM. 

"We have finished upgrading the listings in your store to work with the Viewer-Managed Marketplace feature."

Yaay!

"We were unable to re-list some of your listings, due to missing information. Please review these listings and add anything that is missing

h**ps://marketplace.secondlife.com/merchants/xxxxxx/store/products/xxxxxxx/edit -- Cannot transition current_state via :list from :unlisted (Reason(s): Worn items, calling cards, and folder links cannot be part of a Marketplace listing.)"

Uh oh. Does that mean I can't sell my friends on MP?

Call me dumb, but why force an upgrade on us to some specially constructed way to manage our stores, if you don't even officially have the software out yet?

I would like to know who your ideas man is, because he is clearly smoking some kind of pot.  You thrive on stores making money, for you, and you basically cripple them by moving them to an unmanageable service, so nothing new can go up, nothing can get repriced, unless they agree to use a beta release viewer.

Did no-one stop to think; "You know, this may cause us headaches?", How many even use an official viewer anyway?..  I don't, and I won't beta test someones potentially crashy software.

Seriously, what a boneheaded move!... o.x

lilfae wrote:

Call me dumb, but why force an upgrade on us to some specially constructed way to manage our stores, if you don't even officially have the software out yet?

I would like to know who your ideas man is, because he is clearly smoking some kind of pot.  You thrive on stores making money, for you, and you basically cripple them by moving them to an unmanageable service, so nothing new can go up, nothing can get repriced, unless they agree to use a beta release viewer.

Did no-one stop to think; "You know, this may cause us headaches?", How many even use an official viewer anyway?..  I don't, and I won't beta test someones potentially crashy software.

Seriously, what a boneheaded move!... o.x

you're new here, aren't you?

yes, well i also got the 2 emails last night. one saying they were starting the migration, one another saying they did all the job, and its ok..

I giggled.

i did all myself 2 week ends ago lmao. 

They did nothing... all was already done.

Ah yes, they did something ! they didnt messed anything ! Hurrah !!!!! 

CTL, the migration is a mess.  On July 30, 2015, my store was automatically migrated.  I have a total of 532 active listings.  When I checked on the night of July 30, all 532 listings were intact on the MP.  As of July 31, 2015, only 190 were actively listed.  The rest are unlisted.  I am manually going through the list and listing them myself.  It is not immediate at all.  The listing does not show up in the store for quite a while. 

Seriously, this is just a mess and unacceptable -  You are dealing with many individual's real life income (whether in part or in whole). 

My suggestion to those who were recently migrated (and I believe migrations were supposed to be complete by July 30), check your stores.  Make sure ALL your active listings are there.

edited for typo.

edited to add:  There are plenty of Merchants who do not report things here on the forums.  I alerted several of my Merchant friends only to discover that they too have significant portions of their stores missing or unlisted post-migration.

edited to add:  To those who are reading this - CTL reached out to me as soon as they saw this post (thank you!).  They are addressing this issue.  They are aware of it and troubleshooting it.

CTL, following the unlisting of the majority of my store and manually restoring it, I have now discovered that 28 of my items had description changes.  I discovered it last night, Aug 2 at about 9pm SLT - no idea whether they were incorrect immediately following migration or if it happened after I restored the listings.

This morning, Aug 3, I corrected the descriptions and added comments and screenshot to https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VMM-97

**PLEASE restore the "Object" field (Item Name) to the Merchant Home-> Manage Listings section. It existed prior to the change to VMM. Now we only see the product description (Listing Name). Having BOTH the Item and Listing names allows Merchants to check their work quickly and efficiently. Had the Item/object field existed, I would not have had to go through my store, product by product, page by page to discover where the listing name/description errors were. I would have been able to just scan the Manage Listings page for inconsistencies between the two columns.  I always used the Item and Listing name fields as accuracy checks after listing a product. PLEASE RESTORE IT. **

CTL:

From reading the various posts by long-time Merchants, it appears there is a tug-of-war going on here. They are busily changing descriptions, listing items and doing lots of maintenance ...

While the errors they are reporting appear to be caused by updates and fixes you and your team are executing in the background. (For example the description and object/inventory name field issue)

IF THIS IS THE CASE: Can you please tell us via the in-world Merchants Group and here that "stuff is a-fixing and might even be a-broken right now. Please do not update your listings until further notice."

Otherwise your team is just gonna keep making more and more useless busy-work for everyone.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.