Help...my IM's are not being sent to my email

Pia Panthar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

This happened to me last week, too. Somehow I managed to turn of the "send IMs to email" option in my viewer preferences. I have no idea how it happened since I don't even remember being on that tab in preferences recently. I had to go searching to even find the option to re-enable it, but once I did, all works fine again.

I have noticed this happening of late as well and have had to put a ntoe in my profile asking customers to send me notecards.  I have been having to switch between Viewer 1.23 and Viewer 2 of late and noticed that this started happening then.  I would be interested to hear if other's are having the same experience.  It may be a coincidence and unrelated.

I keep checking the communication tab in preferences to see that the box is checked.

Be sure that you have checked the box that says "Send IM to E-mail" in the Communication tab in Preferences (CTRL-P). If it got unchecked for some reason, IMs won't be forwarded.

Another possibility is that your messages are capped. From the Knowledge Base

Maximum number of offline messages (involving IMs, inventory offers, group notices and group invitations) received before messages get capped is 25.

• Senders can't know whether their messages were capped or not.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.